Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:46 AM   #1

Hi all, anybody know how to convert these saved Images, copy and paste will not work, printscreen then open up in a graphics program would work but time consuming.anybody with ideas please
Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:47 PM   #2

Barn Owl wrote:
Quote:
Hi all, anybody know how to convert these saved Images, copy and paste will not work, printscreen then open up in a graphics program would work but time consuming.anybody with ideas please
I don't have Epson's Print CD handy but IIRC there was an option to export under the file menu, or perhaps it was "save as" and you could pull down something other than epson CD label print as the save format. Canon CD-label print as the option of "save as image" from the file menu.

It should be noted that canon's cd label print is probally and early version of "rakutin cd direct print", but it's hard to get any info as all the sites related to it are in japanese. Been meaning to ask those guys about an english version.

If all else fails... I know Epson's print cd allows you to print to things other than the epson printer. In fact I printed to my canon printer from it. There are print drivers that allow you to print to a image file such as tiff or bmp. Don't have links handy as this is not something i've used for years, but so long as it's printable it's possible.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 4:03 PM   #3

Thanks Zakezuke, There is a save-as in Epson print cd as you say; but it's only save-as in respect of title only, still retains .ec3 format.

Maybe the print to a file would work, wonder if that would be possible to end up as a .jpg file? I have caused myself the problem by bining my original art work, So I suppose will have to do printscreen capture to clipboard, Thenconvert via agraphics prog. thanks again for your ideas
Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:48 PM   #4

Barn Owl wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Zakezuke, There is a save-as in Epson print cd as you say; but it's only save-as in respect of title only, still retains .ec3 format.

Maybe the print to a file would work, wonder if that would be possible to end up as a .jpg file? I have caused myself the problem by bining my original art work, So I suppose will have to do printscreen capture to clipboard, Thenconvert via agraphics prog. thanks again for your ideas

Actually come to think about it, you might be able to install a postscript printer, and print to a file, and load that up in photoshop, assuming you have photoshop. Apple Color LaserWriter 12/660PS should do the trick.

Further alternativly... you can also print to pdf, here is a free application
http://www.primopdf.com/

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 4:40 PM   #5

Well Thanks a bunch Zakezuke the print to pdf with primopdf worked quiet well for Me it's a bit long winded way around the problem and you loose a little quality.but it serves the purpose quiet well. also installed the driver for the Apple laser printer but I dont seen able to print to a file as the option does not show up in epson print cd. anyway thanks again. I will press on and convert my files slowly