Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 3, 2006, 6:57 AM   #1

I had compatible durabrite ink (pigment) prepared in Korea for my continuous flow and fill in cartridge systems for Epson printers (R230)using the above modelcartridges. I have run some test prints on gloss paper and the quality of the pigment prints isexceptional when comparing them with the same prints out ofanother R230using the standard dye inks The colours are much closer matched to the screen shots, vibrant and the level ofcontrast is really amazing. Also the details are much more crisp, little water droplets on a pelicans head in the photos from the dye inks are not readily apparent but with the pigment inks, every small drop is clearly visible. Dithering, apparent with the dye inks is notthere with the pigment inks and the colour blending and smoothness is much more subtle. It makes me wonder why Epson did not use the durabrite inks in the R210 considering the above, not to mention the added benefits of waterproof prints on plain paper and resistanceto fading in adverse light conditions. The only downside is substandard printing on plain copy paper, however once better quality inkjet paper was used, the print quality improved dramatically. The pigment ink is about 40% more expensive than the dye ink, but in realtive terms, if using a continuous flow system, this means a full colour A4 print will cost about A$0.14 for pigment ink against A$0.10 for dye ink
laikanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links