Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:03 AM   #1

hi, i have an r300 about 9mths old and i have always used comp. cart.

the printer does all documents without a problem except for photos on the epson photo glosssy paper,it leaves blobs of ink usually down one side,i have done all the maint. checks and they all come out ok any ideas

thanks .
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:20 PM   #2

Is it depositing drops of ink (usually of a specific colour), or is it black smears (a mix of all colours) appearing on the paper?

If the former, the head for that colour may be faulty, letting ink seep through and accumulate on its surface between calls for that colour (I'd expect this to appear on any paper, though, but it may be less obvious where the heads are delivering less ink, as with plain paper.)

If the latter, probably there's slight misalignment (not enough clearance at one end) between the head guide and the platen that only shows on thicker paper such as glossy photo.

I'd also check for any foreign matter in the paper path that can raise it from the flat plane under the heads -- the head-to-paper clearance is small and it doesn't take much to cause problems.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 1:06 PM   #3

thanks for the advice,it seems to be black ink only so i will have look at what you said,see what happens

cheers
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 2:58 PM   #4

anton wrote:
Quote:
thanks for the advice,it seems to be black ink only so i will have look at what you said,see what happens

cheers
In my case, it was almost always ink on the wiper on my cleaning station. It was resolved with paper towel. My printer was however very screwy.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote