Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 10, 2003, 5:10 PM   #1

Default Admitting to a lie.

I just want to come clean with all of you. Over the months I have posted on this board I have come to understand what this board is really about and I have recently strived in working towards that goal. Some of you I have gotten into debates with about a product and I'm sorry about that. I have been both proven wrong and have been proven right. I strive to make acurrate information.

One question that has actually once been asked by someone through a PM but I failed to respond out of fear in rejection was "Are you an Epson Rep?"

I just want to admit to it Yes I am an Epson Rep or should I say was until new management met me for 5 minutes on a bad day when I was thinking about my Aunt who is in intensive care and tried to critisize me and my store and I wasn't in the mood.

The Good thing is that now I can be a bit more objective about printers than in the past. Although I may become a Cannon Rep. I'll keep you guys posted if I do.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2003, 5:56 PM   #2

Takes some guts man. I've always thought you had to have something to do with Epson. Really, I just thought you loved Epson stuff. I've always enjoyed your input, even though I still bought the I950 last weekend. You think you could get me some deals on Canon stuff? Your a class act.
Ksmnms36fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2003, 9:39 PM   #3

I don't think the cannon program lets us get deals other than when buying the printers and giving us a fairly small amount amount of ink to do samples with.

But thanks for the comments.
Old Apr 11, 2003, 3:56 AM   #4

Being an Epson rep hasn't stopped you giving some very fair advice on this forum.

Now I know that you are an Epson expert, can you add a little to your comments on another thread that the Epson 2200 inks are a mixture of dye and pigment. I had always believed, incorrectly, that they were pigment only.

How do the 2200 Ultrachrome inks differ from the C80/82 Durabrite?

I know that you are carrying out tests, but do you think that, in principle, the Ultrachrome inks may be less fade resistant than the Durabrite?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Chris R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 8:59 AM   #5

IN practice and in tests the durabrite inks are pulling the same numbers as the ultrachrome inks I have a slight suspicion that they may be of the same mix because when you pick up a black ink cartridge for a c80 or a c82 it says on the box photo Black. Just like the one on the 2200. In fact I think the symbol on top of the cartridge is the same thus realising the fact that the 2200 photo black is the same. They also when comparing prints produce the same or equal metarism effect on the black areas.

Here is a link to the Epson behind the scene website for more info about products by the way. Epson uses it to train associates about products. www.knoware.epson.com
Old Apr 12, 2003, 12:20 AM   #6

Wow, what a guy. You've exhibited the character of a principled man. honestly, we need more men like you.
Rob Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2003, 2:05 AM   #7

Gregerson, I've always had this deep, inside feeling that you were 'Epson-biased' and I kinda dismissed a lot of your posts because of this, but on the other hand, you're knowledge of not only Epson, but HP and Canon printers and ink and papers, impressed me! A few times, you got your facts wrong, but when you realized your mistake, you admitted it. It takes a 'real man' to admit his mistakes, and I am proud of you!!! Now, my only wish is that you dedicate as much time to reading 'The Bible', as you do to any other projects! God is great, far greater than the expertise of the Epson, Canon or HP folks.
So, keep on posting, take the flak, share with us your 'expertise' and realize that 'He' has blessed you with knowledge that can help us all. That is what this forum is about, sharing insider-secrets so some of us can benefit from other's advice and others can share their 'trial-by-error' findings so that the rest of us don't have to go through it!
A few times on this forum, I've had to step in and encourage the participants to 'chill out'! Think about this, say you're from Cincinatti, and you're used to fighting everyone in town, from getting into the traffic- lane you want, to being 'next-in-line' at your local supermarket, to supporting 'The Reds' or 'Pete Rose'...etc, etc...now, suppose you're from Ohio and on vacation in Italy, and you meet up with a couple from Cincinatti, what are you doing? You're cheering them for being from the same town you're from and giving them 'high-fives'....why the drastic change? Because, when you're in unchartered water ( Digital photography), you reach out to those whom you think will help you, but before taking that drastic step,( actually taking a pic), you prepare yourself for failure
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2003, 2:55 AM   #8

The Bible is a whole other story in itself. I've read parts but for me to read all is very difficult especially Genesis but thats another debate for another time.

Right now I need another Job. I'm probably gonna get my hair cut and get some new socks tommorro and check out some other jobs like digital imaging. I really would love to get a printer testing job working with color profiles and digital printing even if it was only for 10 an hour I'd do it as long as I could reserve the right to ask what may seem as a stupid question. Its something I like to learn about.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 2:42 PM   #9

Greg you are a top bloke, honesty is a good thing... even when its late.
Good on ya. I love Epson printers, ........ when the print head isn't blocked anyway !

My 895 (epson) wipes the floor with my fathers 830d (canon) if only i didn't have to run the head cleaning cycle constantly

Have a good day and good luck with the job hunting

Gaz
gaz63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2003, 10:15 AM   #10

Epson is losing a valuable sales rep. The Canon Reps here in Chicago have a very easy time dis-crediting Epson products because it takes a little know how to set Epsons up properly. To Canon's credit, it is easy to get good result right out of the box. Especially with jpeg images from digital cameras. I've even seen an Epson rep talk a person out of buying an Epson 2200 because he didn't want to deal with the person if there were problems setting it up. He told the buyer that he would have a much easier time if he brought a Canon S9000. Good luck!

Bill
wsandman1 is offline   Reply With Quote