Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 6, 2006, 2:41 PM   #1

My printer has stopped transferring ink to the paper. The green striped tube is just hanging free. where is it supposed to go ? there are two pads ones got a doulble x on top does it fit under one of these
catch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:18 PM   #2

Look at where the tube comes up from under the pad assembly, then about an inch or so to the right.

You should see a small plastic projection with a spigot pointing upwards -- the tube just pushes onto this.

If you only see the projection and no spigot, or not even the projection, probably it's broken off and inside the loose end of the tube -- how you'd fix this depends upon your ingenuity...
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:39 AM   #3

cheers, there does appear to be a connection broken off inside the tube. this means, however, that i can't see exactly where the tube should fit. Anybody got an idiot proof jpg so i can see the tube in place ?
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:52 AM   #4

catch wrote:
Quote:
cheers, there does appear to be a connection broken off inside the tube. this means, however, that i can't see exactly where the tube should fit. Anybody got an idiot proof jpg so i can see the tube in place ?
I'm most empathetic to your issue, I had it my self. This is the sort of thing assuming you are under warranty to call Epson on. I believe the tube you are talking about is directly under the waste station, which from my lame experence involes disassembly.. and even then it's a pain to get those two springs back in place let alone to have this device to sit properly, and have that lever actually move about. Without it, your printer will not suck which is required for head cleaning.

I "would" take a picture, but assuming we're talking the same tube it can not really be seen as it's directly under the waste station.

Arthur Entlich offers free support for epsons in the news group comp.periphs.printers, he might have some helpful info if you choose to monkey around with the printer. But my experence was it's an absolute pain getting that sucker back in place after it comes a part, and a bad waste station leads to clogs.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp....1bb0bc46712bf6
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 5:01 AM   #5

It would be a fiddly thing to fix (no real room to work) but not impossible, so if there's any chance of a warranty claim I'd do that first.

If the spigot has snapped off the projecting outlet, you may be able to find a small piece of tube that fits tightly inside the green striped tubing (an old ballpoint refill looks a possibility), open out the point where the part broke off (don't drill too far -- just enough to give the new spigot positive location), glue the new piece in and push the tube back into position.

If the entire section has fallen off, you may be able to just glue it back on.

Here's a picture of the offending bit on my 310 -- it may be easier to access on a 200, which doesn't have the card reader in the way.
Attached Images

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 5:16 AM   #6

That picture is exactly what i needed - thanks a lot. I'll let you know how i get on:-)
Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:46 AM   #7

catch wrote:
Quote:
That picture is exactly what i needed - thanks a lot. I'll let you know how i get on:-)
Now that I see the picture, I remember now what I had to do. I found attaching the tube to be impossible without removal of the waste station. Technicaly one "should" be able to remove the unit in it's entirity but I couldn't find a means to do it, and that screw illistrated there didn't seem to do the trick. What did do the trick was taking advantage of the fact that the waste station is mobile on two grooves using pegs, and when the waste station is in it's up and locked position it's somewhat easy to remove, just expand the black plastic and pop one peg over the lip after you have removed the springs. You need long tweezers to even hope to get the springs back on.

The job is extra fun as that XX pad is saturated with ink.

This is assuming you are not able to attach the tube while the waste station is in place... which would be prefered but that would be an adventure in it self. You might enjoy better luck as my waste station was knocked out of place.

*edit

Do this at your own risk. I am not accountable for any damage that happens. If you are under warranty this is likely a ticket to a referb printer with a pack of free ink, and much less trouble. While i'm all for do it your self, these printers don't take kindly to do it your self as they lack frames.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote