Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 29, 2006, 6:14 AM   #11

Thanks folks ... you've just saved me a lot of problems ...

Today Ihad exactly the same problem with the magenta ink tank on my IP4000. I've always used only genuine Canon inks, and changed tanks promptly when the warning came up. But then colours became very wierd, which I tracked down to the magenta being very weak in colour.

Used the head cleaning process repeatedly without success, etc.

Then I tried Google with a few keywords and came up with this thread. And you know the rest .... the new ink tank I had used was "Photo Magenta", not "Magenta". Of course, the fine print on the package doesn't mention the IP4000.

We all make mistakes, but at least you folk saved me the effort of trying to soak clean the print head or, and it would have been the next step,buying a new printer

Thanks again!

LesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 5:29 PM   #12

Great that you've solved the problem. I have had identical failures with light magenta and also yellow - washed out color.It was actually printhead failure (2 different printheads). I love the printer so I've managed to purchase printheads from the 'States delivered to Australia for $50 Aus, which is pretty good. I don't use OEM inks unless desperate, but the price of the head is more than paid for by money saved on 3rd party ink.
It just doesn't seem worth upgrading to printers with chipped cartridges when this is such a good one.
digger845 is offline   Reply With Quote