Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 24, 2003, 6:07 AM   #1

Default Epson 2200 question

Thinking of getting the 2200, some questions.

1. Can I use all the papers that epson makes with the 2200 or only certain paper is made for 2200.

2. I hear a lot about different size spindle for the roll paper 2" , 3" etc. What size does the 2200 use and is it possible to just rig up your own device behind the printer so that different spindle sizes can be accomodated or do you have to use the roll paper attachment that comes with the 2200.

Any help is appreciated.

THanks
Jazz
jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2003, 12:02 PM   #2

You can pretty much only use the paper sizes epson has for the 2200 which is 4inch, 8.3inch, 10inch, 13inch.

But your length can pretty much be whatever you want. As for the papers avaiblible for the 2200 I would only use the premium papers that Epson sells. Personally I do not like the looks of premium gloss. The best place that I have found to buy papers is http://www.buy.com just search for the words "Epson" and "premium" as for the matte papers search for the enhanced matte.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2003, 3:52 PM   #3

Thats kewl, the question I had was more like the Premium Luster paper roll of 100' is never listed as the paper for epson 2200 can I use it...or can I use any paper that is made for epson premium plus, matte etc...sorry not sure if i make sense or not.
jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2003, 10:56 PM   #4

Yeah you can use it but if its a 100 foot roll make sure that it truly is no more than 13 inches wide. Also you may want to make your own roll paper feeder if it is that long because the plastic supports on the 2200 will not hold a 100 foot roll. Too heavy. But if you can convert something like a paper towel holder to hold it I think you could then hold the 100 foot roll.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote