Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 23, 2006, 5:10 PM   #1

Hi, hope this hasn't been posted before, I'm new here in the hope of some fast solutions...I stupidly jammed paper in my printer (I forgot to open the bottom feeder - I do have a brain really). Anyway, I now get really mucky prints, it's just the black - horizontal bands across the page and black jagged marks where the print ends on each line. I have cleaned nozzles, aligned heads etc but I'm wondering if I've damaged something? The paper crumpled up inside the machine before I noticed. I stopped the job and carefully removed the paper. I've printed off several sheets since and I keep getting the same problem. It's less than a year old.

Any thoughts (except those containing DOH!) would be appreciated.

Cheers.
cateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2006, 7:47 PM   #2

DOH! :G

That the marks are black doesn't mean it's only the black cartridge -- a mix of all colours still adds up to black.

It's possible you might have one or more pieces of paper jammed under the carriage and being dragged to and fro.

Try laying a strip of lint-free cloth along the bottom of the printer, move the print heads over it (you can move the heads with the printer turned off by releasing the clip (usually white plastic) located to the left of the carriage and behind the guide rail -- just lift it with any convenient device), pick up the ends and pull it to and fro a few times.

If you see traces of paper then keep doing it until you get it all -- might take a while or, if you can get a grip on it with something, try and pull it out.

I
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 4:25 PM   #3

Hi,

Thanks for replying! I will have a go at your suggestion and let you know.

Cheers,

C
Old May 24, 2006, 4:56 PM   #4

Thank you sooooo much - it's worked and I have streak-free printing once more.

Thanks again!!

C
Old May 24, 2006, 6:44 PM   #5

i tried this with my r300 the lint free cloth with windex underneath the carriage and i think it was the cause to teh adjacent leak that i was having..although i cannot confirm until i tear it apart since it no longer works

glad it fixed your problem!
Kenjii is offline   Reply With Quote