Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 25, 2006, 9:39 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2
Default

I have registered just so's I can say a big "THANK YOU" to all the knowledgeable people who give their expertise here.

I bought a 2nd hand Epson R200 on e-bay, very cheap, purely to be able to print CD's and DVD's. It had a badly blocked nozzle due to not being used for ages. After doing a "Google" I was directed here, where I found out how to unblock it. Brilliant!

Then I realised that the print quality was so much better than my (expensive to run) L*****k all-in-one so I started reading up about CIS. with a view to installing one and using the Epson as my main printer. Bought one (no brand on box, Chinese I think) and it was totally full of air. Again, found all the info I needed and it is up and running and will hopefully save me shed loads of money.:-)Then I decided to tackle the waste ink mod and that went off without a hitch.

So thank you very much to all. Brilliant forum, I will now start investigating what else it has to offer.
cestrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2006, 10:54 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 139
Default

To cestrian,

If you are considering going CIS, you may want to pay some attention to posts by Websnail who is very knowlegable and has done much work in the CIS area--but chances are you know that already.

And when you have absorbed all the collected wisdom of this forum--which could take awhile.--you might try googling the nifty stuff forums also.

But often what one can do depends on finding the right sources of supply--so people in the UK will often have the best advice for you because they have already found the local sources of supply.

Good Luck---and you are right---this is one great forum.---people helping people.
Osage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2006, 4:14 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
websnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 475
Default

Osage wrote:
Quote:
If you are considering going CIS, you may want to pay some attention to posts by Websnail who is very knowlegable and has done much work in the CIS area--but chances are you know that already.
LOL... Well I wouldn't go that far.. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but I'm learning a lot by experimentation and thanks to people both on various forums (including this one) and some contacts in the industry. So the secret is to take all information with a pinch of salt and learn a sales pitch from a technical fact.


Quote:
And when you have absorbed all the collected wisdom of this forum--which could take awhile.--you might try googling the nifty stuff forums also.

But often what one can do depends on finding the right sources of supply--so people in the UK will often have the best advice for you because they have already found the local sources of supply.

Good Luck---and you are right---this is one great forum.---people helping people.
Couldn't agree more and there's plenty of info out there for anyone taking the time to find it... Good luck with the rest of your research..

.. and thanks to you too Osage.. it all helps
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:21 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2
Default

Dear websnail do you know or have read or seen how to put a pipeto the outside to get rid of the waste ink on an epson stylus photo RX600
danielbaharier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 3:44 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
websnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 475
Default

danielbaharier wrote:
Quote:
Dear websnail do you know or have read or seen how to put a pipeto the outside to get rid of the waste ink on an epson stylus photo RX600
Check your other thread.. there's a link there... but to answer your question, I've never seen an RX600 but it' possible the casing and waste ink system could be very similar to the CX6600..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:46 PM.