Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 25, 2006, 10:09 PM   #1

I have a Canon 4200 and a factory cd tray-C. I have made all the necessary changes, checked the registry and printed out diagnostics suggested in this forum. Everything seems to check out OK. When I try to print, all necessary parameters are available. But when I put my factory tray in the printer, it will not load and I get the error message that "cd-r print will not execute because the inner cover is closed" Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone offer a solution.

I did find two plastic pieces laying under the CD tray that I took as packing parts but I don't remmember ever taking them off. Could they be part of the tray mechanism? A picture is attached.
Attached Images

procaelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2006, 4:24 AM   #2

The piece is needed to push up on the assembly, one on each side under fold down door, one of mine fell out and i couldn't get it to work, luckily i had another printer to compare with, to see how to install them.
sed23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2006, 4:35 AM   #3

procaelio wrote:
Quote:
I have a Canon 4200 and a factory cd tray-C. I have made all the necessary changes, checked the registry and printed out diagnostics suggested in this forum. Everything seems to check out OK. When I try to print, all necessary parameters are available. But when I put my factory tray in the printer, it will not load and I get the error message that "cd-r print will not execute because the inner cover is closed" Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone offer a solution.

I did find two plastic pieces laying under the CD tray that I took as packing parts but I don't remmember ever taking them off. Could they be part of the tray mechanism? A picture is attached.
Having taken apart an iP4200 I can confirm that those are essential parts of the CD process.

They fit as shown in these pics...

I suspect however that to get them in place WITHOUT breaking them, you're going to need to remove the case top and then reinsert them but you're welcome to try and see if they'll go in without going that route.. On your own head be it though
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2006, 4:26 PM   #4

Thank you for your help. My CD tray now loads perfectly and prints beautifully. I can't image how those two plastic clips could of just fallen off. I had a heck of a time getting them back in but I managed without dismantling the printer. Anyway , thanks for your quick and detailed responses. I was a very unhappy person last night but today I'm beaming with thoughts of CD printing heaven.:-)
procaelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2006, 3:53 PM   #5

procaelio wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for your help. My CD tray now loads perfectly and prints beautifully. I can't image how those two plastic clips could of just fallen off. I had a heck of a time getting them back in but I managed without dismantling the printer. Anyway , thanks for your quick and detailed responses. I was a very unhappy person last night but today I'm beaming with thoughts of CD printing heaven.:-)
Glad to help...

Nice when things actually work ain't it
Old Jun 5, 2006, 11:42 AM   #6

Where did you purchase the tray C for the iP4200?

THX
sta001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 3:56 PM   #7

sta001 wrote:
Quote:
Where did you purchase the tray C for the iP4200?

THX
Ebay seems to be the best bet at the moment..