Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 27, 2006, 1:48 PM   #1

I am considering a new printer and have looked at the R200, R300 and D68 all from Epson. Can anyone suggest the best model. I cannot find a reveiw for the D68.

Thanks to you all
sonsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2006, 12:52 AM   #2

What you ask is a pretty broad question. What are your plans for the printer? (Photos, text, both) And what are you looking for in a printer?

Dave
headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 2:06 AM   #3

Hi Dave

Photos and text, I have now looked at an Epson R220 which is now my preferred favourite having read the review in Steves Digicam

Thanks for your response

Cheers
Old May 29, 2006, 4:33 AM   #4

sonsdad wrote:
Quote:
Hi Dave

Photos and text, I have now looked at an Epson R220 which is now my preferred favourite having read the review in Steves Digicam

Thanks for your response

Cheers

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/B...seBVCookie=yes

The r220 isn't better than the r200 near as i'm aware, and you can get the r200 for $59 shipped as a referb fromt he epson store. This is about $11 less than the ink costs in the store.

As a general purpose printer, i.e. text and photos, I'd lean tward the canon ip4200/5200 on the new front... best price on newegg and amazon.com for the ip4200... close to $80ish or so.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 3:30 PM   #5

Hi
In the Uk the 200 is not readily available and I have gone for the 220 ( I misread the review on this forum and in fact read the 2200, a different animal altogether) I have a Camom ip4200 and will be happy to see it go because A: The ink price is too high and B: The photo quality is not to my taste. I had an Epson Photo Stylus 750 and that produced far better results than the ip4200 for pennies. I have tried carts where you replace the chip, what a pain that was. Do not go there. In the UK we do not have access to the wide range available in the States.

Once again thanks for the reponse

Cheers to you all