Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 30, 2006, 12:59 PM   #1

A quick question...

Is it possible to use a printer [say for example an A3 printer] and get a 'roll' of paper and print a panoramic pic which is 'longer' than the 17" A3 size? So you would in effect be feeding the paper through whilst it continues to print.

Or

Are we stuck at the dimensions of the printer i.e 17" in length, because of driver...software...conflict issues?

I'm not sure how to word this...so I hope it makes sense. Basically be able to print on an A3 pic a panoramic pic, that exceeds the normal A3 size in 'length' only.

Thanks
bojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2006, 2:08 PM   #2

epson make a4printers that accept a roll the sylus photo 900 is one of them, but u will struggle to get one now, one of there new high end printers also supports rolls too.

u can also with most epsons make a custom size and get it to print from roll, but there wont be anywhere to fix roll on back of printer like on my stylus photo 900.

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 2:20 PM   #3

I am not totally sure on this, but I seem to recall that most Canon printers refuse to print banners or panaramas longer than 31"---it may be due to a fear that the printhead may overheat---but it seems to me that that could be cured in software by adding some pause time to the print.---leaving the only excuse pure programming laziness.

A really stupid limitation in MHO.---nor would one need a roll feeder--it may help---but as long as a sheet starts feeding straight--it should stay straight.

Not sure on other brands---but if a user needs an feature---its a sales tool to have that feature and a company loses sales when they don't have that feature.
Osage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 3:22 PM   #4
JPL

Epson sells the R800, R1800 and R2400 printers that can accept roll photo papers and print panoramics up to 44 inches long.
JPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 4:43 PM   #5

Epson R300 can print to panoramic photo paper.Epson paper S041145 size 8.3" X 23.4" or Metric 210MM X 594MM Makes a good print too.
Barn Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 6:16 PM   #6

Is it possible to get photo/print quality paper in rolls though...for printing panoramas?
bojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 10:09 PM   #7

Check this site and prices:

http://www.atlex.com/

paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote