Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 5, 2006, 4:00 PM   #1
bbg

I am going to be upgrading my printer later this year and I am looking for something that will produce great prints. I will have roughly $200 to spend, could go just a liitle higher but would need convincing.

Any ideas??
bbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2006, 4:41 PM   #2

I have an idea.

Why don't you google reviews etc and actually do a bit of research for yourself?
I hear Amazon have user reviews of things like printers...

If I told you my printer was the best, would you believe me?

:blah:
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 5:04 PM   #3

bbg wrote:
Quote:
I am going to be upgrading my printer later this year and I am looking for something that will produce great prints. I will have roughly $200 to spend, could go just a liitle higher but would need convincing.

Any ideas??
Two of the top photo printers you can get under $200.

#1 is the Epson R800 for $199 referb the epson store. It's pigmented ink, which you may not want, but it really is one of the better photo printers on the market.

#2 is the older HP 8450. You can pretty much only find them on Froogle.com. As it is a closeout model expect to spend anywhere from $65 to $300. Up to 9 tanks in three cartridges, including three shades of grey. It costs alot to refill.

On the new sub $200 front, there are the Epsons including the r2x0/r3x0. There are the canons the ip4200/ip5200. There is also the current generation HP 8250.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/printers.html

bbg wrote:
Quote:

Any ideas??
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote