Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:20 AM   #1

Hello All,New to this particular forum.* I have a question that seems to have ben danced around in many other forums, and also addressed here is Steve's technical area (but for Photoshop CS, not CS2).* *What I'm interested in knowing are the specific settings for the printer driver and Potoshop CS2 when using the supplied Canon profiles for the ip5200.* Let me start off by explaining what I think I know, then asking the specific questions.First off, I am using a Mac., if that matters in the rest of this discussion.I have decifered, uisng the info here on Steve's website, the type of paper and quality settings* that are suggested based on the supplied profiles for Canon paper (though I must admit that the quality setting, at least on the Mac printer driver, still requires some assumptions). * *The remaining question I have in the printer driver settings is about the Color Options>Color Settings selection.* I presume that I would select 'None' as opposed to 'Colorsync' or 'BJ Standard'?* This is presuming that I'm going to use the Canon supplied profile.* Is that correct, or do I select Colorsync?Okay, now on to the more difficult questions.* What do I select in the 'Print With Preview' dialogue boxes in CS2?* I presume the I select 'Color Management', correct?In the Print section of the dialogue box, do I select 'Print' or 'Proof'?In the Options>Color Handling, do I select "Let Printer Determine Colors", "Let Photoshop* Determine Colors" or "No Color Management"?* I assume that since the printer profile becomes grayed out when I select "Let Printer Determine Colors", and I want to be able to select one of the Canon printer profiles, that I must select "Let Photoshop Determine Colors", but I'm unclear.* I have been unable to get any information to help me figure out what to select in CS2 to make the color management aspect of using profiles work the way it should.* Thanks for any input.
curt basner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links