Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:45 AM   #1

I've recently bought an Epson Stylus Photo R2200. Great colour quality,but unlike my trusty old 890, there doesn't seem to be a choice for selecting colour or Black in page set-up on this one.

Does anyone know if there is a specific way of printing B&W using the exisitng cartridges without the customary colour cast ?

Thanks

Bob:roll:

picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:43 AM   #2

picker wrote:
Quote:
I've recently bought an Epson Stylus Photo R2200. Great colour quality,but unlike my trusty old 890, there doesn't seem to be a choice for selecting colour or Black in page set-up on this one.

Does anyone know if there is a specific way of printing B&W using the exisitng cartridges without the customary colour cast ?
Hi Bob,

Not sure what you mean by "colour cast" but if you are simply saying you want to print in greyscale then you just need to select that in your printer preferences unless the R2200 is significantly different from other Epson printers.

If there's some kind of "colour shadow" then I wonder if perhaps you need to re-align the printhead as that is likely the problem cause.

As to printing B&W in general I do know that MIS Associates do a variety of inks specifically for B&W only printing which are rated very highly by various photo users.

Hope that helps.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote