Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 12, 2003, 2:19 PM   #1

Default Banding with my i850?

I bought an i850 last week and I am still trying to get confortable with it. I printed a borderless 8 X 10 picture on canon matte paper. The first quarter of the print is great however the remaining three quarters seem to have something that resembles roller marks across the whole photo.
My question is could it be roller marks or my printer settings? The only settings that I can remember is Matte paper and vivid for the color setting ( I had other color settings but I do not recall what they were off hand). The photo has a lot of dark blue color and that is really where it stands out.

Thanks,
Dujie
dujie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2003, 4:19 PM   #2

does it happen every single time?

I can only suggest deep cleaning the print heads and doing the print head alignment.

best of luck, Roy.
gokou1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2003, 7:20 AM   #3

Yes it happens all the time on large photos. The lines start about 1/4 down the page and extend horizontially across the paper. I have deep cleaned and aligned three times with the same end result.
Old May 14, 2003, 3:16 AM   #4

Sounds like a defective printer. Exchange it. Cannon has a deffective ratio of about 1 in 25. You just got the one. If you want you could probably call up cannon tech support but they would probably tell you the same thing take it back and get another one.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2003, 7:09 AM   #5

I tried it again last night. This time I used generic glossy paper. The photos turned out better. Why would matte paper do that? It was Canon matte paper.

Is there a paper that is inbetween matte and glossy. I like the color produced on glossy paper but it is a little too glossy...if you know what I mean, and the matte is too dull.
Old May 15, 2003, 6:55 AM   #6

Do you think I should still return it? :?: