Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 14, 2006, 5:21 AM   #1

Are there any quality bulk ink distributors that dont charge an arm and a leg? Cheers.
stav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2006, 4:43 PM   #2

stav wrote:
Quote:
Are there any quality bulk ink distributors that dont charge an arm and a leg? Cheers.
Well MIS do if you buy in bulk.. ie: pints.. but if you're in Europe Gemini offer the same ink for a lot less again.

The pigment inks will always be more expensive than the dyebase though to the tune of about 3 times the dyebase... Just more expensive to make..

You've got to remember that the bottle and filling itself costs money so the bigger the bottle the less it costs as a rule of thumb.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 8:26 PM   #3

stav wrote:
Quote:

I used mis ink www.inksupply.com on an r200 for a long while. The color match seemed excelent. But without knowing which printer we are talking about it's hard to make a decent reccomendation.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 9:08 AM   #4

Just a quick not, a friend of mine just told me that he buys really cheap quality ink from inkbottle. You can find them on ebay under inkbottle_uk. Just a thought. Going to give them a go.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 8:18 AM   #5

stav wrote:
Quote:
Just a quick not, a friend of mine just told me that he buys really cheap quality ink from inkbottle. You can find them on ebay under inkbottle_uk. Just a thought. Going to give them a go.
Pay peanuts, get monkeys...

Best of luck...
Old Jul 17, 2006, 6:31 AM   #6

WOW! I ordered the ink from Inkbottle on Sat morning and received it this morning. I bought 6inks for £19.99 with free postage. Quality is excellent. Big thumbs up from me!
Old Jul 17, 2006, 7:04 AM   #7

stav wrote:
Quote:
WOW! I ordered the ink from Inkbottle on Sat morning and received it this morning. I bought 6inks for £19.99 with free postage. Quality is excellent. Big thumbs up from me!
Be interesting to see how they work out over time... Keep us posted..
Old Jul 19, 2006, 7:07 AM   #8

Just an update on the ink I have been using from inkbottle.co.uk (ebay store).

I am extremely happy with the inks they have supplied me, been using them for a few days solidly now and the quality of them match the original cartridges, no problem. Whats more, the service cannot be beaten, they even send me a follow up email asking me if I washappy with the ink they supplied...for an ebay supplier, in my books, cant be matched.

Check them out on: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZinkbottle_ukQQhtZ-1
Old Jul 19, 2006, 7:46 AM   #9

I'm going to sound like a cynic at this point but that seller has 10 feedbacks so far, has been in the ink business proper since about March this year. Add to that they're only selling dyebase ink so not overly established at this point.

Like I said it'll be interesting to see how they work out but I was thinking over a longer time period, not just a few days.. After all, clogging, fading, etc... aren't something that happen immediately..

Not having a dig but we get so many shills and spam wannabees on here that the old antenna twitch a little. Enthusiasm is great but may be misinterpreted... The pricing, communication and the like are all good signs though and hopefully they won't lose that when they grow...
Old Jul 20, 2006, 5:43 AM   #10

Sure, cheers for the advise. Its only because I was so excited. I checked out this forum for quality bulk ink but I could only find American based companies, so when I came across inkbottle...well Im sure you can understand. Keep you posted anyway.