Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:06 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4
Default

sorry for my bad english, i am french!

is it possible printing with software CDRLabel 7.1 and canon IP5000 cd tray

( http://www.cdrlabel.com/index.html )

if possible,Explain step by step

thanks

quebec001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2006, 11:56 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 735
Default

quebec001 wrote:
Quote:
sorry for my bad english, i am french!

is it possible printing with software CDRLabel 7.1 and canon IP5000 cd tray

( http://www.cdrlabel.com/index.html )

if possible,Explain step by step

thanks
I only looked at the program briefly, it looks like a big non. Well, not non exactly, it looks like one can set where on a page one can set where you print the circle, I lack the information as to where the circle is as the software I use supports the canon directly without knowing the numbers.

The only way I can see is
[file] [export] [export bitmap file] and using either canon's "CD label print" or "EZ photo print" to print the image sent from "CDRLabel 7.1". Sorry I don't know the exact french words for export in that menu. It looks like you can only save to a few formats, but "bitmap" or ".bmp" is readable by CD-label print.

Any one of the following programs does support the canon out of the box, with the exception of "surething" which requires an addon.

http://www.acoustica.com/cd-label-maker/
http://www.magicmouse.com/h_discus_detail.html
http://ww2.nero.com/enu/Nero_6_Ultra..._InfoPage.html

http://www.surething.com/ST/



zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 5:10 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4
Default

Thanks, but just too bad!

because this software is specialized to place several colone of text, amongst other things it scanne all your Cd or dvd and makes it possible to manage the folder ,file orother to be posted and print om cd
i have nero and cd label-print (of canon) but is not specialised same cdrlabel
with cdrlabel is possible scanning all MP3 tittle or all file or folder :
http://www.cdrlabel.com/

OK thanks for answer
I will check for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker, i think with this soft is possible for scan and write text since cd , cdrlabel print 6 and more colons and acoustica only 2 colons



Qubec001

quebec001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 9:56 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 735
Default

quebec001 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, but just too bad!

because this software is specialized to place several colone of text, amongst other things it scanne all your Cd or dvd and makes it possible to manage the folder ,file orother to be posted and print om cd
i have nero and cd label-print (of canon) but is not specialised same cdrlabel
with cdrlabel is possible scanning all MP3 tittle or all file or folder :
http://www.cdrlabel.com/

OK thanks for answer
I will check for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker, i think with this soft is possible for scan and write text since cd , cdrlabel print 6 and more colons and acoustica only 2 colons



Qubec001
Acoustica handles the pixma printers, it does handle "play lists" with the "ID3 tag" and CDs. It does not handle raw files in a directory.

Discus lists the outer edge of a CD as being 88mm from the top, 6.8mm from the left. In cdrlabel under page setup it does allow you to input numbers, and displays the M value (inner circle of the CD) and the N value (disc diameter), and has X and Y values, but does not say what X and Y are. X and Y could be the center of a CD, or the outer most edge, I can't say, but if there is a chance CDLABEL would work, it would depend on pluging in the correct values under page setup. If you kill your printer it's your fault.

Enclosed is a demo from "acoustica". Technicaly I do have issues pulling Japanese text from id3 mp3 tags, but anything European shouldn't be an issue.





Attached Images
 
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:04 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 141
Default

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Acoustica handles the pixma printers, it does handle "play lists" with the "ID3 tag" and CDs. It does not handle raw files in a directory.
I'd like to find an application thatmakes iteasy to align an image of a CD/DVD that is (usually) too small to fill the entire template. All of the applications I've tried or seen allow one to stretch an image but are difficult to clearly see theedge of the template in relation to the image during and/or after stretching. Sometimes the center becomes misaligned. Sometimes the controls allowing one to stretch the image go off the screen and it is a pain to get them back or start over again.

I see that Acoustica has the Canon MP800 as a template which should work nicely for my MP830. Once I've added an image of a CD or DVD onto the disc template, how do I stretch the image to fill the template to the outer edge all the way around without moving the center of the image?

If I wanted to take a rectangular/square image and use it to print onto a CD/DVD, can I stretch the image or will I have to "cut and paste" a circular piece first before adding it to the template? (This is kind of the same question as above.)

At this point I would be happy to find something easier to work with than CD Label Print (not complicated but difficult to be exact even with its alignment tool),Nero (way too many bells and whistles and not easy either), CoverPro (simple but not for printing images onto CD's), and Sure Thing CD Labeler (can findsome old custom standard and full face templates for Pixma 4000 but also difficult to line up edges of CD image with the template.). In fact, no program I've looked at is a WYSIWYG, intuitive, load and go application for just printing out images on discs (not disc lists).

Edit: Wah, Wah, Wah! I just reread this and saw all the whining. Just frustrated.
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:22 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 735
Default

Stratman wrote:
Quote:
zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Acoustica handles the pixma printers, it does handle "play lists" with the "ID3 tag" and CDs. It does not handle raw files in a directory.
I'd like to find an application thatmakes iteasy to align an image of a CD/DVD that is (usually) too small to fill the entire template. All of the applications I've tried or seen allow one to stretch an image but are difficult to clearly see theedge of the template in relation to the image during and/or after stretching. Sometimes the center becomes misaligned. Sometimes the controls allowing one to stretch the image go off the screen and it is a pain to get them back or start over again.

I see that Acoustica has the Canon MP800 as a template which should work nicely for my MP830. Once I've added an image of a CD or DVD onto the disc template, how do I stretch the image to fill the template to the outer edge all the way around without moving the center of the image?

If I wanted to take a rectangular/square image and use it to print onto a CD/DVD, can I stretch the image or will I have to "cut and paste" a circular piece first before adding it to the template? (This is kind of the same question as above.)
.


Acoustica does not do this sort of add to label and expand from center. Photoshop does, as in you can set your guides, center an image, and expand by pressing both shift and control (IIRC) and drag from center. You might try that in canon cd label print, or nero. I'm shocked that acoustica doesn't have it but I do not pretend acoustica is good for hard core graphics editing, it's good for printing labels and slapping text onto it.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 12:33 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4
Default

For zakezuke:

after cdrlabel i think acoustica is very good, just because acoustica= 2 colons and cdrlabelwork with8 colons and more

CDRlabel is specialised for 100 at 300 MP3 list (and directory and subdirectory list, but not good for canon pixma cd label

For stratman:
because cdrlabel not work for canon pixma for printing directly on cd, i try and use , now, acoustica. acoustica have bettre ajustement. if you double click on picture , is auto fit on cd, but if you drag de picture , is possible ajuste size and centre on cd

Acoustica scan your CD or DVD for file too, is working but cdrlabel is better for directory (folder) and filem (for CD label of data)

CDRLABEL IS VERY NICE AND ACOUSTICA IS NICE TOO

sorry for my bad English , i am french

thanks ,Quebec001

quebec001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:47 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 141
Default

Thanks for the input Quebec001. I think I understood you just fine. Of all things, I learned French in a pilot program put on by a local university when I was 6-7 years old. Could even write more in French than in English at that time. Unfortunately, by the time public school French lessons began in the 4th grade (~10 years of age), I had lost all my French language skills. Ironically, I stilldream in fluent French on occasion! So, good job with your English.

I ended up going back to Nero LabelDesigner for certain problem images that require some effort to stretch and align the graphic. Sometimes I get a millimeter overspray on parts of the outer or inner non-printable surfaces of the disc. Thankfully no ink on the bottom of the discs. I think I need to fine tune the setting for Taiyo Yuden full hub discs. Maybe I just stretched the image on the disc so it was no longer centered properly. Hopefully I can improve my printing.

When things proceed smoothly, Canon's CD-LabelPrint or Acoustica are nice as I have good templates for my Canon MP830 and printable media available. I like the "Scale to" function and sheer number of listings that CdrLabel can do, but I've not needed the listing feature yet and not sure I can get it to work with my printer, like you say,without some setting changes. Since I have other applications able to do the job (more or less) I'll probably not fiddle with CdrLabel anymore.


Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 2:45 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 141
Default

Been using acoustica more and it is a nice labeling progam. It is fairly easy to use but haven't figured out how to place a playlist where I want. If I let Acoustica pull the tracks off the disc, there are no track times and positioning the text is limited in options. Maybe the only way to do it is to totally customize the layout.I like this app overall. And,it is much more intuitive compared to Nero CoverDesigner. Thanks for suggesting it.
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 3:27 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 735
Default

Stratman wrote:
Quote:
Been using acoustica more and it is a nice labeling progam. It is fairly easy to use but haven't figured out how to place a playlist where I want. If I let Acoustica pull the tracks off the disc, there are no track times and positioning the text is limited in options. Maybe the only way to do it is to totally customize the layout.I like this app overall. And,it is much more intuitive compared to Nero CoverDesigner. Thanks for suggesting it.
Yes, acoustica is not perfect. I agree wtih Quebec in the fact that cdrlabel7.1 is better for data discs, where want as many titles as possible in a small amount of space.

The main feature I use Acoustica for is the hub hugging titles, though there is no way directly to have a title left and artist right. For this I have to use Acoustica twice, save the label with left information, save it, open it as a backdrop, and add the information to the right.

The other thing acoustica doesn't do is superscript/subscript, if I want information above or below the title like with a forign title and translation above. Nor is there anyway to instruct acoustica to put a number, and have the artist and title ontop of eachother.

In the enclosed example I would have to edit in acoustica twice, then go in with photoshop and add the superscript. It's a royal pain, in fact a more tradtitional desktop publishing package or even microsoft word which does do superscript would be easier. But word doesn't support circular text nor direct cd printing support. With the right template I "imagine" it could, as well as others.




Attached Images
 
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:55 AM.