Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 25, 2006, 4:40 PM   #1

Hey
I have an epson r200 and whenever i print i get horizontal lines very close together all over the image. They're not too noticeable but I want to print some of my holiday snaps and for that quality has to be perfect. I've tried head cleaning many times as well as replacing the ink but that doesn't help. I'm still in warranty btw. Please help!
zeogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2006, 6:38 PM   #2

#1. are you using ORIGINAL epson ink? especially self-refilled cartridges could entrap air bubbles (speaking of experience).

#2. after cleaning procedures, did you run the nozzle check? is the pattern complete? if after so many cleaning cycles with the original ink the issue with the lines does not get resolved, i would exchange the printer!

#3. printing out pictures even with a few clogged nozzles works actualy pretty well in "chromalife" setting! although it takes significantly longer, it's the *only* picture quality setting where i *personally* can say that it matches that of lab prints!

hope this helps. cheers,

CKA
Capt_KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 4:41 AM   #3

Capt_KA wrote:
Quote:
#1. are you using ORIGINAL epson ink? especially self-refilled cartridges could entrap air bubbles (speaking of experience).

#2. after cleaning procedures, did you run the nozzle check? is the pattern complete? if after so many cleaning cycles with the original ink the issue with the lines does not get resolved, i would exchange the printer!

#3. printing out pictures even with a few clogged nozzles works actualy pretty well in "chromalife" setting! although it takes significantly longer, it's the *only* picture quality setting where i *personally* can say that it matches that of lab prints!

hope this helps. cheers,

CKA

1. No I'm using compatibles, inkrite ones that were pretty expensive.
2. Light Magenta only has the problem, think I'll get yet another cart of that.
3. Thanks, I'll remember that!
zeogo is offline   Reply With Quote