Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 16, 2003, 2:41 AM   #1

Default Canon I950 and Kodak Paper - Help

I am trying to get quality pictures using my Canon I950 and Kodak Picture Perfect Photo Paper. Here is my problem. When I use the recommended setting from Kodak, the pictures come out very sharp and clear but with incorrect color. I have tried many different color settings, but am unable to get correct color.

When I use the default printer setting such as Glossy Paper or Photo Paper Plus with the Kodak paper, the colors come out perfect, but the pictures are overly grainy.

Does anyone know the correct color setting using Kodak paper?

I would perfer to stay with the Kodak paper because I can buy in bulk and relativey inexpensive, but if I can not figure out the settings, I am switching to Canon paper.

Thanks,
Adam
AdamAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2003, 3:33 PM   #2

Hi,

I have the i950 but have not used Kodak paper because everyone says stay away from it. I had used Kodak in my old Epson 1270 with poor results also. In the i950 I have had good luck with the Canon Pro paper and the JetPrintPhoto Professional Paper. These are both glossy papers. For matte I have used the Epson Enhanced Matte with good results as well.

Mike
mrtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2003, 8:04 PM   #3

Stick to epson premium papers and cannon papers.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2003, 10:41 AM   #4

Default me too!

I also liked to use kodak paper but the results on the i950 are awful. Even when I use Kodak ultima paper and use the suggested settings for the i950 the picutres have too much green/blue. You would think kodak could at least tell us what the correct settings should be.
Dan Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2003, 3:58 PM   #5

Epson premium papers usually are very interchangable with the cannon papers. The only paper you need to be careful with is the semigloss and the luster which you need to set the cannon to the film paper setting other than that they work perfect.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote