Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 17, 2003, 4:18 PM   #1

Default I can't decide -- Epson Stylus 960 or Canon i950??

I just got a new Canon Powershot and I want to be able to print out some really nice photos. I already have a laser printer and a low-end color inkjet, so I don't need this printer to do anything else besides photos. The Epson Stylus Photo 960 got great reviews. The Canon i950 looks good, too. Can anybody tell me which one they prefer and why?
Thanks!
SnoopyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2003, 8:00 PM   #2

I like the cannon one because you can do more borderless printing sizes. If you use the Epson you can only print borderless on 4x6 and 5x7.

But on the Epson it produces some of the best colors and depth that I've ever seen on a printer.

The Cannon in my experience also matches the screen color better than the Epson printer does.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2003, 3:39 PM   #3

I have just purchased canon A70 wet prints are excellent. I wish to upgrade form my Epson stylus 600. I have had a print done on a Canon i850 but greens lack depth and are flat.

Can anyone ou there print out a file for me on an Epson 925 or similar or Canon I950. I think this is the only way to determine printer quality. I will pay for the paper and postage.

O dog.
dustydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2003, 11:23 PM   #4

Yeah dusty man Just email me a pic that you want printed I'll upload it onto a card and print it at the store over the weekend.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote