Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 18, 2003, 1:12 AM   #1

Default Any MAC users with Canon i950 printers?

I use a mac G4 and have just purchase a Canon i950.

Ca't get a WYSIWYG result: colors are too cold by comparison to whats on the screen, and some colors are just, well different. I realise you can never get it just perfect, but it's not right ENOUGH. My old Epson S900 did a much better job without any tweaking at all.

Onine reivews mention that when using a PC be sure to check the ICM check box and you'll get superb results. The MAC driver doesnot have this. Mac's use COLORSYNC for monitor callibration, but choosing COLORSYNC in the driver yields absolutely terrible results (prints very very dark).

Anyone have any advice?

I am trying to figure this out in time to return this to the store if it doen't work out.

Trial and error on this type of thing could go on forever, using photo paper etc....

I am hoping a mac user can tell me what settings they use in the various canon i950 driver windows that you can call up.

Thanks.
RobJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2003, 1:39 AM   #2

Okay, I'm bumping this to page one. I posted this ages ago and its quite frustrating that I can't find ANY mac users out there!!!

Yeah I know, PCs are more popular. But Macs ARE popular for graphic and photographic editing so I am surprised.....

I suppose looking for a Mac user with Canon i950 is going to be hard, but its worth a shot.

I'll say this though, I see many posts on the net of users of the i950 not satisfied with the color, usually a bit too washed out, not warm, not accurate.

Anyone with Mac workflow suggestions please reply.
RobJK is offline   Reply With Quote