Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 5, 2006, 7:32 AM   #1

I have had my Canon s9000 for over 2 years now and it has printed beautiful photos. Last month it started printing green photos, no matter what setting or program I used. I did multiple cleanings. I had read how the print head is usually the cause of this, so I purchased a new Canon print head and it is still printing green photos. I have always used genuine canon ink cartridges and canon photo paper. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Laura
Laura-CND is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2006, 9:43 AM   #2

A green cast often means that either Magenta or Photo Magentais missing/light. What does your nozzle check show for these two colors?
grandad35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 9:48 AM   #3

My nozzle check is perfect, which is why I don't get this. (Which is also why in hindsight, I should not have spent the money on a new printhead, because the nozzle check was fine.)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 10:25 AM   #4

A few moreitems to check:

1. Have you changed ink suppliers recently? If you are using 3rd party prefilled carts, the cart supplier sometimes changes their ink supplier without notifying anyone, and the color shifts.

2. Have you changed paper suppliers? The paper will affect the color.

3.Could there be a cart in the wrong slot?

4.Run the head alignment routine.Head alignment can affect the colors.

5. I know that this sounds crazy, but it has been reported that changing the USB cable can have an effect on color. I don't understand how, but it has been reported.

6. Are you using different software to print? Even if you are using the same software, there are lots of hidden settings in the driver (Preferences and Properties) that will affect the color. You might want to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers to reset everything.

Good Luck
grandad35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 1:00 PM   #5

Thank you so much. I have always used genuine canon inks and papers. I ran out of Magenta ink and replaced it with a genuine canon cartridge. I went back through all of your suggested steps and decided to take a look at each cartridge again. I had accidently stuck a photo magenta in the magenta slot. After some cleanings and printing a few more pictures, it is finally printing beautiful pictures again. I can't believe I didn't notice that before. I have been checking inks, papers, etc. and all were same ones I have been using, all canon brand. I had emailed Canon tech support and they said it needed to go in for repair. I guess I am just out the cost of the new print head, but I'm sure I would need one eventually anyways.

Thanks a bunch.

Laura
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:06 AM   #6

Default same problem

I have had the same problem with a canon S9000... but a magenta cast over all prints. tried EVERETHING! after uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it... everething worked OK again!
this was just a temporarely. Now after a few weeks.. same problem. reinstalling didn't work anymore :-(
crazy problem!
erikbolding is offline   Reply With Quote