Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 19, 2003, 7:34 AM   #1

Default Banding again or roller marks? I have no idea!

Okay I had a post out there last week about the banding on my i850. I took the advice of gregersonsalvage and returned the printer on 5/18 in exchange for another i850.

I am having the same problem with the printer. Now maybe it is not banding...maybe it is roller marks I have no idea. All I know is that large prints (8 x 10) on Canon Matte paper shows lines across the whole width of the photo. My glossy prints on generic paper turn out great.

What could be the problem?.

Maybe I will retuen it, once again, and get an Epson. I like what I read in the reviews.

dujie
dujie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2003, 9:38 AM   #2

This is interesting that it has happened on not one but two printers. I would consider calling cannons tech support center which has recieved numerous good reviews from other people on this site.

If you do get an Epson I'd shoot for the Epson c82. It will be louder and slower on the color stuff but I think you will like it for the purpose of printing on matte paper. The alignment cycle can be a big pain though.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2003, 10:39 AM   #3

I called Canon Support. They told me to change printer settings etc. I did that and it turned out just as bad. I tried plain paper setting and the print turned out good. Imagine that :?:

So my conclusion is that the printer is fine...it is just the Canon matte paper that does not work so well. (it was the paper all along). I ordered Redriver paper sampler and found out that there is a huge difference in quality with the matte prints. The Redriver matte paper is far superior.

Dujie
Old May 22, 2003, 12:20 PM   #4

Yeah alot of people have been making comments on the red river matte paper.

The cannon matte paper seems to be thick but its abilities in my experience have been limited.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2003, 12:44 PM   #5

Thanks for your help Gregersonsalvage.

Dujie