Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 13, 2006, 1:19 AM   #1

I have had my MP830 for a couple of months now with no problem.* I came downstairs to make a copy and the printer won't copy or print now due to this error that comes up on the screen.* I do not know what the "inner cover" is and I have tried to open and close all parts (within reason) that I can to delete the error...to no avail.* I find the computer manual useless for this issue as I cannot locate this term or even "troubleshooting" or "list of errors" anywhere in there (I realize I may be half blind but I searched all over the manuals that are installed on my computer with no luck).* Any experience with this or specific ideas on it?* Thanks a lot.
Soaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2006, 12:46 PM   #2

Inner cover is usually the cd tray which you can pull down.. If that's slightly open or all the way down that would explain the error.

If you're in the USA though and you don't have this CD tray cover part then you (or someone else in your household) may have managed to reset the unit to be a European model and the sensor may be missing and defaulting.

Hope that gives you some clues though..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 8:17 PM   #3

The MP830 in the USA does have the inner CD traycover. I've been printing on disks quite happily.

You can find the inner cd tray cover by lowering the door where printed paper exit. Just above the floor and all the way back of the inside of this area is a peice of grey plastic sort of shaped like a fat elongated "U" - this is the inner CD tray cover - that can swivel down to form a mini platform for the CD tray to rest upon as well as act as a guide for the CD tray as it does its job.

There is a rectangular black piece of plastic, about13.1cm by 0.9cm,located at the base of the CD tray inner cover that obscures the opening for a CD tray to be inserted in for printing. Careful removal of this, plus a few other simple steps found at http://pixma.allhyper.com/, will enable your MP830 for CD printing.

I get that message, or a similar one, if I left the CD inner tray cover down and then try to print something using a different source. Exactly why you are experiencing this error if you did not modify for Cd printing means either someone messed with the printer's internal setting or the Cd inner tray cover is at least ajar. Make sure that CD inner tray cover is swiveled up (a vertical position).
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote