Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 17, 2006, 7:58 AM   #1

I would like to know if anyone know's when the new Canon printer will be released? (I thoughe it was Aug?sept, but not sure) I need to purchase one, my old one is dead. I

I thing about getting a csi system for it instead of trying to refill each cartrige when it needs ink. My question is what are people using, and what do they recomend, and why?

thanks for the time.

geand
GeanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:35 AM   #2

GeanD wrote:
Quote:
I would like to know if anyone know's when the new Canon printer will be released? (I thoughe it was Aug?sept, but not sure) I need to purchase one, my old one is dead.
Erm... which printer we talking about here?

Quote:
I thing about getting a csiĀ* system for it instead of trying to refill each cartrige when it needs ink. My question is what are people using, and what do they recomend, and why?
ok... well first off it all depends on what you want to do so you should really post what you're hoping to do with it.

Worth doing a search though as the forums have a lot of information on printers for a whole host of purposes..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeanD by PM
I was refering to any new inkjets that are comming out? My i850 just quit working.

I have about 10 sets of ink for the i850 and would like to be able to use them up. The next canon i want to purchase will have a five ink system, it they produce on.

Question can you still get the Canon that print cd where you live? I sure would like to get on of them.

thanks for the time
Hi Gean,

Best to post on the thread so others can respond as well so I hope my quoting your PM is ok.

Can't help you on the i850 ink sets but someone who has that printer should be able to give you more info.

As to the rest... well Canon have a slew of new printers that are out or coming out and all of them have the new chip system which locks out most 3rd party solutions aside from refilling or cartridges/CIS's that require transfer of the chips.

When it comes to CD printing, there's a plethora of info on this forum about enabling CD printing on printers that have had the functionality disabled (usually using a plastic blank) so search is your friend there.

One thing you left out though is what sort of printing you want to do so if you provide a bit more detail I'm pretty sure the folks on here can help you out some more.. (I'm a bit limited for access as I'm off visiting the folks)
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 3:10 PM   #4

One thing you left out though is what sort of printing you want to do so if you provide a bit more detail I'm pretty sure the folks on here can help you out some more.. (I'm a bit limited for access as I'm off visiting the folks)

The printing i do is about a 50/50 split between text and photos. I thing the the five color printer do a better job (than my old i850) but i don't want a six tank printer. I feel that there isn't enought difference in the print (at least for me) to to use it.

geand

GeanD is offline   Reply With Quote