Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 23, 2003, 11:22 AM   #1

Default Settings in Canon S820, When to use?

I'm finaly getting around to test my Canon S820 printer using Epson 8x10 HeavyWeight Matte Paper casue it's the cheepest paper i have & Adobe Elements 2.0. I made no changes to the picture just openned and printed from elements. I have been testing some of the settings but not sure what some really do and when is the best time to use them.

1) Simaulate Illustration; which i can't figure what it does from the help file.
2) Image optimizer: it has a good explaination but what does it really do?
3) Photo Optimizer; again the help file explains it but when is it needed and not needed.
4) Vivid Color; I used this setting (with 2 & 3 turned on) on a test picture downloaded from the net which has several pictures and 9 rolls of different color thread at the bottom. In the last 2 threads the second to last printed a darker lighter blue while the last thread more of a navy blue. In regular print settings (no 2,3 or vivid color) in last 2 threads the second to last printed very light blue and last thread more purple. All the other threads were pretty on in both printing modes so what does this mean if anything? Is matte paper a good choice to use for testing like this?
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2003, 11:42 AM   #2

Default Question on paper

The canon S820 comes with a pack of Photo Paper pro for borderless printing. I found that both sides of this paper is coated so does it mean both sides are for use? never saw this before so i'm wondering if canon did this just for the test paper that comes with the printer.
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 12:50 PM   #3

Check to make sure that it is the same coating on both sides of that paper. Sometimes it may appear glossy on both sides but its only coated on one side.=
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote