Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:15 AM   #1

Hi,

Again i will ask the question that for what ever reason no one seem to have any answers.

First has any one purchase on of the new canon printer ip4300, or the ip5300. Are thes printer just a new number from the ip4200/ip5200? Or do they have any new features?

My biggest question is about reloading the cartriges? Does it screw up the printer or can some one give me some insight on this subject.?

Will these new printer print on cd, with a hack?

Has anyone started a class action suit about the use of other inks?

gean

:?
GeanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:12 AM   #2

GeanD wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Again i will ask the question that for what ever reason no one seem to have any answers.

First has any one purchase on of the new canon printer ip4300, or the ip5300. Are thes printer just a new number from the ip4200/ip5200? Or do they have any new features?

My biggest question is about reloading the cartriges? Does it screw up the printer or can some one give me some insight on this subject.?

Will these new printer print on cd, with a hack?

Has anyone started a class action suit about the use of other inks?

gean

:?
Going by the numbers the ip4300 looks rather like the ip5200 in specifications, as in number of nozzles and speed. As for meeting it.... is it on sale yet? You have to expect this from canon, every year or so they come out with a new model... this new model tends to be not all that much better from the old one, just minor improvements, with a leap every 3 or so years.

As for everything else... no one knows. Seriously you pretty much have to either buy the printer and try it out, or.... or get the service manual and see about these features.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:17 AM   #3

Unless you said or did something inappropriate in the forum, I doubt you are just being ignored. I have not seen these new printers yet. Maybe no one has seen them yet, so you won't get an answer for a while.

If a lawsuit was brought against Canon I'm sure it would be all over the net and media, not just in this forum, though it might make it as a "sticky" thread here!

Patience young jedi.

Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote