Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:10 AM   #1

:?

Having a heck of a time getting the ip4200 to print. I refilled the magenta cartridge (drilled small hole in the top, refilled tank, then hot glued) Got all the warnings (your printer will blow up, etc.) and continued printing. Though my refilled magenta cartridge is full, that color does not print. I even turned the cart upside down and let some ink wick through that way, thinking maybe the sponge was too dry. Still no luck. Is there some way that this printer is refusing to print with the refilled cartridge?
matotanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:13 AM   #2

matotanka wrote:
Quote:
:?

Having a heck of a time getting the ip4200 to print. I refilled the magenta cartridge (drilled small hole in the top, refilled tank, then hot glued) Got all the warnings (your printer will blow up, etc.) and continued printing. Though my refilled magenta cartridge is full, that color does not print. I even turned the cart upside down and let some ink wick through that way, thinking maybe the sponge was too dry. Still no luck. Is there some way that this printer is refusing to print with the refilled cartridge?

Could be you drilled out and covered up your vent hole. This would explain that.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM   #3

After a week of pouring through the forums and trying to understand these stupid little chips, wanting to chew out Canon (IamSTILL irritatedby their greedy ways), it all came down to a little glue over the air vent.

Now I can go back to being a musician and retire as a printer analyst.

Thank you for your kind reply and helping me solve this - I can print again - YAY! I will have to sweep up all this hair I pulled out. Many blessings coming your way!

matotanka is offline   Reply With Quote