Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 28, 2006, 7:09 AM   #1

Has anyone else had this problem?The printerhas been fine for about a year and has just decided not to print borderless prints. Setting the print options to "borderless" it draws in the paper and immediately stops with the eror message "Paper jam". It is obviously not a paper jam as the paper will eject with no problem. It will also printthe same image with all the same settingsif the "Borderless" box is not ticked.
Ray Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2006, 6:25 AM   #2

A possibility. Logic says that it could be the driver, You could try uninstalling and reinstall that might rectify things. Or perhaps you have set some default settings and locked yourself out of the option.

If the printer is working then there has to be a reason

Terry
Teddy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 12:36 PM   #3

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your reply, but I have already tried that. It happened a few months ago on my old PC and I have since got a new PC and of course re-installed all the Epson software expecting it to run as normal but no luck. I have also done a reset of the internal counters in the printer in case it was some sneaky Epson trick to get me take it along to a service agent!

Ray
Ray Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 6:02 PM   #4

Looking at your first post. the printer reports paper jam. maybe the printer does have some foreign object in it or thecarriage is sticky check out the mechanism. Clean and lubricate the slides. Try borderless printing on other size papers. It has to have a reason.

The carriage has to position itself differently for borderless and if you have done a lot of unborderless printing then it may have got itself into a rut. Trick is to get it out.

Start thinking outside the box. write down a list of all possibilities even the silly ones and check them out. enjoy the struggle to find a solution.

let us know how you go before you put it in a sack and beat the crap out of it. That works for me.

Best of luck

Terry
Teddy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote