Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo-sharing Site Links

Old Dec 29, 2010, 7:00 PM   #1

Default Photobucket questions

I've tried researching this stuff but can't figure it out for sure, am hoping some folks here can answer these.

(1) What is the difference between creating an album in Photobucket and making it "private" yet checking the "share this album" feature, vs. making the album "public"? Don't they both accomplish the same thing (allowing the photos in the album to be seen by everyone by just going to the album link, rather than having to know the explicit file link?)

(2) When uploading multiple files to a Photobucket album, is there a way to get them to upload CORRECTLY in order by filename??? I am trying to create/upload some albums of files that are in specific order for a reason, but when I upload them selecting multiple files, Photobucket reverses the order that the files are shown in the album, so for example, instead of the album starting with a page that shows file1.jpg, file2.jpg, to file10.jpg, it shows file48.jpg, file47.jpg, to file41.jpg etc. Meaning you have to go to the last page and view it in reverse order to see the files in correct sequence.

I guess I could outwit their backwards uploader and rename all my files so that file1 is file48 and vice versa etc but I don't have the time to go back and rename all my files, nor do I have the time to upload the files one at a time to get the order correct - I already have them named alphabetically in the order I want them!

Thanks for any answers.
slipkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2011, 3:02 AM   #2

In Album view, click 'Organize' on the menu bar which also contains 'Themes', 'Edit Photos', 'Tags', etc. There you will find a drop down list labeled 'Sort current album by'. One of the options is 'alpha by filename'.
ItDontMeanAThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2011, 12:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItDontMeanAThing View Post
In Album view, click 'Organize' on the menu bar which also contains 'Themes', 'Edit Photos', 'Tags', etc. There you will find a drop down list labeled 'Sort current album by'. One of the options is 'alpha by filename'.

Thanks for replying but that actually doesn't solve what I'm asking in Q#2. That sort you mentioned just gives a condensed view of the images sorted different ways, like alpha, but that doesn't help met. I want the images in the normal photobucket view to be uploaded IN THE SAME ORDER as I have the files named, as that is how I then work on them for posting via the links in other places. That normal view is the only one that I can see lets you get the "link" for the different images, and the order there remains unchanged by the sort - or am I doing something wrong?? The sort did not changed anything when I went back to regular view, and in the sort view I cannot get to the links that I need to see in order to work on each file like I do in normal view.
slipkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2011, 7:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
and the order there remains unchanged by the sort - or am I doing something wrong?? The sort did not changed anything when I went back to regular view,
After using the Organize tool, click on 'Media' in the menu bar to go to the sorted album. I have bookmarks for the albums I'm working on, using a bookmark returns to the same sorted album.

Yeah, it took me a while to figure that out.
ItDontMeanAThing is offline   Reply With Quote