Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo-sharing Site Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 27, 2016, 4:22 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
guillermovilas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hasselt , Belgium
Posts: 794
Default SmugMug

I use to have Zenfolio , it was easy and beautifull looking at a very reasonable price.
Then they started adding loads of new features and got therefore more confusing and complicated.
I switched to Smugmug and i believe it's just the right balance .
__________________
PENTAX K3
Pentax 35mm f/2.4 AL SMC DA
Pentax 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 ED IF SMC P-DA Fish-Eye
guillermovilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:25 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Bynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,584
Default

It couldnt be any easier than flickr.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:53 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
guillermovilas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hasselt , Belgium
Posts: 794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
It couldnt be any easier than flickr.
Yes it is as easy as Flickr but cheaper now that you need to upgrade to the Pro version.
I have a Flickr account too
__________________
PENTAX K3
Pentax 35mm f/2.4 AL SMC DA
Pentax 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 ED IF SMC P-DA Fish-Eye
guillermovilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:12 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Bynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,584
Default

I dont know anything about Pro version for flickr. Its free as far as Im concerned. I cant see uploading more than a terrabyte of pics. While they encourage you to upload the hi res files, Im not that dumb. I will stick with lo res and keep hold of my hi res on backup drives.
I will have to ask around what the difference is between regular and Pro version on flickr.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:42 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
I dont know anything about Pro version for flickr. Its free as far as Im concerned. I cant see uploading more than a terrabyte of pics. While they encourage you to upload the hi res files, Im not that dumb. I will stick with lo res and keep hold of my hi res on backup drives.
I will have to ask around what the difference is between regular and Pro version on flickr.
No ads. So, if you have an ad-blocker, you have the Pro version.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:49 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
guillermovilas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hasselt , Belgium
Posts: 794
Default

You can't upload from your PC if you don't have the pro version.
They just let you do it for 2 weeks reminding you that you need to upgrade to continue using this feature.
guillermovilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:58 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermovilas View Post
You can't upload from your PC if you don't have the pro version.
They just let you do it for 2 weeks reminding you that you need to upgrade to continue using this feature.
Not true. I do it every day. Right from my editing software.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2016, 4:11 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Bynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Not true. I do it every day. Right from my editing software.
Yup me too. But I just upload from my Mac after editing the images. I know there must be some kind of benefit to being a Pro user, but not enough for me to want to be one. I havent noticed any ads. If they are there I dont see any. And I know for sure Im not a Pro user.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:39 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Yup me too. But I just upload from my Mac after editing the images. I know there must be some kind of benefit to being a Pro user, but not enough for me to want to be one. I havent noticed any ads. If they are there I dont see any. And I know for sure Im not a Pro user.
Here ya go:

__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:10 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Bynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,584
Default

Ah just as I thought there is no advantage to becoming Pro or Pro+ I dont even notice the ads. I dont need advanced stats on my pics (whatever that means)., dont need an autouploadr, and I dont purchase flickr merchandise (I didnt even know they had merchandise), and I would never EVER subscribe to the cloud.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.