Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo-sharing Site Links

Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:54 AM   #1

I am starting a small portrait and candid photography company but I can't think of a short name to call it. Someone else in my area uses the name "Click!" I would really like to have a name similar to that. I am not sure where else to post a topic so I will start here.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
neekak9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2005, 1:35 PM   #2

Not sure abouta good name, but if you areplanning on a web site for it also search the domain registrations. It took me a surprisingly long time to find a workable name that was also available.

Unless the other people have registered that company name there is nothing (except confusion) from you also using it.:?

Things like the company name, company type, target market, sales audience, projected sales, product pricing, profit/loss projections,etc. are best decided when doing the business and marketing plans.

There is a software product called Business Plan from http://www.paloalto.com/ps/bp/allproducts.cfmthat helps. But it is still a lot of upfront work.

Also when first starting up it is good to contact an accountant to get your books setup properly. Can save big headaches if you or your company get audited.

Likewise contact legal services if you decide to go incorporated (or just to explain the pros and cons of the different business types you can choose)

And don't forget business insurance.:roll:

I know my head is spinning, and hair is thinning, I'm justbeginning to go through all this stuffmyself again. :whack:

Peter.

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote