Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo-sharing Site Links

Old May 18, 2005, 7:54 AM   #1

Hi all forum members,

I want to invite you all to dig in to my second photogallery, which has over 100+ brand-new, individually edited and post-processed photos. They were hand-selected from over 5000 photos I've taken with my new equiptment based on the Canon 20D dslr-body. So dig in, the photos are ready to receive your comments!

http://www.milankolarovic.com

Canon 20D + BG-E2 (2xBP511A), EF 70-200/2.8 L IS USM, EF 100/2.8 macro USM, EF 50/1.4, EF 17-40/4 L, Speedlite 420EX

Milan Kolarovic | MilanMedia
Keskustie 50 A 8, 35300 Orivesi, Finland
http://www.milanmedia.fi

Acumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2005, 12:05 AM   #2

Great gallery - I hope to be half that good at photography someday! I love the pics of the dogs (I think they are dogs, and not wolves?). What breed is the black and white one?
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 7:03 AM   #3

Hi there,
The white and brown dogs are Finnish Lapphunds, and indeed they are dogs - not wolfs, but especially the white/beige one looks quite intimidating.

Old Jun 2, 2005, 7:30 AM   #4
Administrator

Quote:
Hi all forum members,

I want to invite you all to dig in to my second photogallery, which has over 100+ brand-new, individually edited and post-processed photos. They were hand-selected from over 5000 photos I've taken with my new equiptment based on the Canon 20D dslr-body. So dig in, the photos are ready to receive your comments!

Moved from the Critiques and Techniques Forum to the Photo Sharing Site Links Forum.. See Guideline #4 for Critiques and Techniques:

Quote:
Please post only one image per thread...this will allow each image to be judged on it's own merits and keeps the thread on topic.
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=49777&forum_id=90

The photos are great. But, if seeking critique, please limit it to one photo per thread in the Critiques and Techniques Forum. ;-)

Thanks for understanding.

Jim C.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 8:04 AM   #5

Hhhmmm.. but don't I only haveone photo embedded here to this thread?

Old Jun 2, 2005, 8:19 AM   #6
Administrator

True, but you were asking for critiquefor your gallery versus the included photo. ;-) Feel free to post individual photos in the other forum for critique.

It's an often overlooked guideline, and we don't read all of the threads to enforce it. But, the idea is to limit comments to a specific image to keep readers focused on it.

We don't mind more than one version of the same photo (here it is cropped differently, etc.). But, when readers start asking for comments on more than one different photo in the same thread, you don't get as much focus on what can be improved in a specific image.

Old Jun 2, 2005, 8:26 AM   #7
Administrator

P.S.

Some of your photos are awesome. Please do post specific images for comment in the "Critiques and Techniques Forum" if you want critiques and comments I'm sure members could learn from your techniques and would appreciate the images.

Old Jun 2, 2005, 8:33 AM   #8

Ah, ok I see.. I'll have to be more careful next time. Thanks for the comments also JimC!
Old Jun 3, 2005, 11:29 AM   #9

From what I saw, you have some nice photos in your gallery. But I stopped viewing after seeing the road kill squirrel. I see no value in placing a bloody dead animal in a photo gallery.
woodysworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 12:14 PM   #10

It just shows that life isn't always just cute and sweet, but it can be fragile as well.. I hope the photo makes you stop for a second and value any life a bit more after viewing it.. atleast for a while.