Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo-sharing Site Links

Old Apr 26, 2006, 1:23 PM   #1

Which free service has the best print quality and pricing? Been using Clark Color Labs for several years, and they're good...but research has shown others may be better. I noticed some will do 6x8 inch prints as well as other "off" or new sizes. I like that.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I've read ofoto and Kodak Picture gallery have best print quality....but have read great things about Winkflash. Winkflash has more print size/shape options, excellent pricing (without having to pre-pay for prints), 99 cent shipping/flat rate, and you can have notes printed on the back of the prints...which I think is cool.

Curious to hear what others are using. I see that some will let you post videos, which is cool too. Thanks.
dmargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2006, 3:04 PM   #2

*Unlimited* storage (check the page for detailes)
You can customize the look of your site, and it includes a domain name.
You set up the site and upload the images. Tthey sell/print/deliver and bill for them; then ocassionaly send you a check at some intervals.
149$/year

Other accounts with fewer features starting from 39$ SmugMug accounts

your personal coupon ( o7AG0UZF76dG6 ) in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form (Important: They can't enter any other information, only....coupon ( o7AG0UZF76dG6 ).......

http://www.smugmug.com/
Sarrody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 4:00 PM   #3

Thanks for referring me to SmugMug. Have read great things about them. I'll tell you, I tried WinkFlash....and found the prints too dark, as someone had told me they may be. Disappointing. I liked the prices and other features....but if the prints aren't good, who cares? The online photo editing was a little lacking as well. Not that I rely on that, typically I use Photoshop, but it's nice when you want to do something quick and simple. Clark Color Labs has pretty good online editing...been using them since before going digital. -D
dmargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 8:30 PM   #4

Sarrody wrote:
Quote:
*Unlimited* storage (check the page for detailes)
You can customize the look of your site, and it includes a domain name.
You set up the site and upload the images. Tthey sell/print/deliver and bill for them; then ocassionaly send you a check at some intervals.
149$/year

Other accounts with fewer features starting from 39$ SmugMug accounts

your personal coupon ( o7AG0UZF76dG6 ) in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form (Important: They can't enter any other information, only....coupon ( o7AG0UZF76dG6 ).......

http://www.smugmug.com/
Old Oct 28, 2006, 7:27 AM   #5

I also use smugmug, and am very happy with them. They are not a free service but $40 a year for the basic setup is pretty cheap for unlimited storage and a huge bandwidth. Another thing to keep in mind too, if you have problems on a free site, you chances of getting any personal online help is pretty slim, after all they are free. Smugmug has been around for quite a while too. Their printing service is good too, plus a lot of gift type stuff, also. On top of all of that there is the fact they can copy all your pictures and send you a dvd backup if your computer ever crashes.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2007, 3:49 PM   #6

You can save a friend $5 on a smugmug subscription and earn $10 yourself! It's simple: have your friend enter your email address or your personal coupon ( o7AG0UZF76dG6 ) in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form (Important: They can't enter any other information, such as your name. Just your email address or coupon) Sarrody