Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo-sharing Site Links

Old Aug 3, 2006, 2:32 AM   #1

where can I find free web albums with more than 150MB of storage space?
thommas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:31 AM   #2
rey

Checkout PhotoBucket and ImageShack.

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 12:01 AM   #3

Normally I might have mentioned myphotoalbum.com but have changed my mind this past month. Apparently they are not free despite what their website claims. They have been spamming me the past month with threats that if I don't buy something, then my account will close soon (apparently they claim I must buy something from them once each year).

I just checked their page again now, and they still claim they are free with unlimited space. Which apparently is false advertising.

tcool93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 4:00 AM   #4

I've been reading recently that Google is setting up a web album service. It's invitation only at the moment as they're still testing it.

If you already have a Gmail account though, you might get in straight away. I entered my Gmail address in the invitation section and got accepted instantly.

There's 250MB of space on offer, and from what I can make out so far, it's completely free.

https://www.google.com/accounts/Serv....google.com%2F

Hope this helps!

Darrell

http://www.digital-photography-tips.net/index.html

dazp1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 2:42 PM   #5

www.myphotoalbum.com

Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:28 AM   #6

Boily wrote:
Myphotoalbum is not free. They closed my account recently because they weren't able to extort money from me. Apparently you have to buy something from them every year which is *not* mentioned when you sign up. Never was when I did anyways.

Here is my now closed account (by them, not me)
http://tcool.myphotoalbum.com/

Also notice they want to charge me a fee ($9.95) to retrieve any photos (not that I need them, they are just copies)

It ticks me off too, especially the attitude they have about it. I think I'll try that google one linked to in this thread. It already accepted me soon as I signed up with my gmailemail account.

tc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 7:39 PM   #7
Administrator

I did the same thing (signed up using my gmail address and was immediately given a picasa web albums account).

But, I don't think it allows direct linking, etc. I haven't even tried uploading anything to it yet.

Personally, I'll spend $23/year for 400MB of space with http://www.pbase.com

Then, I have direct linking, customizable templates, a forum for every album, the ability to include the same photos in more than one album without them taking up more space, automatic downsizing of images with easy direct linking to any of the created sizes, ability for users to see the EXIF, a Guestbook, ability to upload multiple images in a single .zip file, unlimited bandwidth so that you don't have to worry about that part if one of your images is getting a lot of hits, and more.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 2:04 AM   #8

www.photobucket.com gives you1 gig free, no threats, no hassles, and it's easy to link to other sites or discussion boards. i've been using them for well over a year now, and for what i need, they're very satisfactory.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote