Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Plug-ins & Actions (Photoshop and compatible)

Old Nov 11, 2006, 9:14 PM   #1

I really need help with this. I have Photoshop CS and it came with camera raw 2.0. When I open a raw file I come up with limited options of onlybeing able to adjust the Exposure Compensation and I have a drop down box for White balance suggestions. Nothing else like all the examples of using camera raw in photoshop instruction books. What have I got and can anyone help me. Thanks so much!!

ConnieD
ConnieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2006, 10:57 PM   #2

Connie, you may have a similar problem to what I had with PS7. If you have the software that came with your camera installed, the RAW converter provided with that software might be acting as a Photoshop plugin and be first in line to open your RAW files.

Go to your camera maker's website an look for information about this. They should be able to tell you the name of the plugin and where it lives in your computer. With this information you can delete it, or just rename the file extension to something like .xxx and Photoshop won't recognize it anymore and use it's own Camera Raw to open your files.

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 7:22 PM   #3

Just off the top of my head try going to the adobe site and getting the latest version of the raw plug-in and replae the old one with it and see if it makes a differnce?
DocX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 8:34 PM   #4

Docx - my experience was the opposite

PS CS2 came with a RAW viewer version 2, image wasn't even visible in Bridge.

I had to find the version 1 viewer, download it and replace the version 2 viewer in order to view and edit RAW taken with my FZ30
OinO is offline   Reply With Quote