Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Plug-ins & Actions (Photoshop and compatible)

Old Jun 30, 2003, 10:51 AM   #1

Default FX AutoEye

Would like to know whether or not anyone on here has had any experience with FX Auto products, especially AutoEye 2.0.

I have read a lot of extremely mixed reviews and the company only allows a download of a demo with presets - obviously this is not a way to evaluate the program and at $129.00 I have no idea as to what it can or cannot do with my pictures.

Thanks for any input. :lol:
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2003, 12:05 PM   #2

I find that the results look better in the spec than in reality. Most of all, I really dislike the user interface: used as a plugin in PS or PSP, all AutoFX products shell to an elaborate console-style interface. When you return to the calling program, layers created in AutoFX are flattened. Moving into and out of the plugin is very slow.

They make a better case for themselves as stand-alone programs for users who don't want to be bothered with a full-blooded editor. If you have a decent editor, you'll get much more creative control than with AutoFX.

I'd say don't buy unless you can try - the AutoFX approach may suit you, but there's a good chance you'll be disappointed.

fenlander
fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2003, 2:08 PM   #3

Default Thanks

Since posting the original I found a way to download the program and test it. You are 100 % correct - it did absolutely nothing for the pictures I tested. For $129 they could certainly have come up with a better product.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote