Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Plug-ins & Actions (Photoshop and compatible)

Old Feb 7, 2009, 6:54 PM   #11

I'm a little late answering this (just noticed it). You might want to try http://homepage.mac.com/aozer/EV/index.html - it's a simple exif reader. Put it on your dock, then just click a picture in Safari and drag it to the symbol for the exif reader. It will enlarge, drop the picture and it will show basic exif information (assuming there is some). Seems to work pretty well (I like Safari so stay with it).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:17 PM   #12

Easy Mike, Don't get a headache, calm down, I'll talk you through it.:G Dispite what you've heard you can right click a Mac. You won't get exactly the same menu but I think you see that you can get the basic EXIF info. Most mice today can right click. If yours won't then hold the control key down and click on the icon of the picture that you wish to see the EXIF info.

Here is what you should see.

Last edited by smac; Jan 29, 2014 at 11:43 PM.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:18 PM   #13

Now click on get info and you should see this.

Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:25 PM   #14

If you want more detailed information then I also suggest you download GraphicConverter it is a very useful tool. You can convert file formats quickly, view slideshows, etc. Pretty much anything you would want to do to a photo or group of photos. Just go to MacUpdate.com or versiontracker.com and search for GraphicConverter.
Lastly, I have been using Mac's since 1989 and I have never had a severe infection. Once back in the early 90's I got a very benign desktop virus but it was easily taken care of. You made a good move.

Here is what you will see with GraphicConverter's EXIF window. If that doesn't do then I don't know what would.

Take care, Steve

Old Feb 9, 2009, 6:38 PM   #15

Besides right click (Control click if you use single button mouse), then Get Info as mentioned by smac, you can also use the included Preview (Preview.app), open the file and click Inspector (or Command + I ), and you will be able to see the Exif.

antony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2009, 5:11 PM   #16

Thanks everyone for your replies. After researching everyones replies I found this small plug-in.

http://homepage.mac.com/aozer/EV/

You have to drag the image over the camera icon on the dashboard and release it. A detailed EXIF window opens and there you have it.

Appreciate all replies.
--Mike
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 6:59 AM   #17

There is also a plugin for Mac versions of Safari and Firefox: Exif Everywhere (http://www.exifeverywhere.com).
EOS5D-fan is offline   Reply With Quote