Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Plug-ins & Actions (Photoshop and compatible)

Old Apr 15, 2009, 11:31 AM   #1

where can I get a free barrel effect plug in for ps7
jess russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 18, 2009, 11:46 AM   #2

The old version of PTLens was freeware. The latest version isn't, with a trial version that will correct only ten images. The current version is I think 8.7.7. This is 8.6.3 and says it is freeware. http://english.ircfast.com/lv/group/...814/PTlens.htm

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2009, 2:07 PM   #3

Thanks, I got the ptl version trial, but I do not seem to be able to save the corrections I make .. got any idea.. does it only work on jpegs?

Old Apr 18, 2009, 3:13 PM   #4

I don't know. I've always used the Photoshop plugin, which works on all images. The way it works for me is that it looks at the EXIF and determines the camera or lens and focal length. It automatically corrects for any distortions. You can put it in an action and run an entire folder.

Until recently the old free version worked with all of my equipment. I have a new camera that isn't in the old database and have just been using Paint Shop Pro's lens corrections, which are easier to use than Photoshop. PTLens is a lot easier than either though, and I'll probably spring for the twenty five bucks.

I've never used the standalone. Once an image is open in Photoshop it doesn't really have a file type.

Old Apr 18, 2009, 6:54 PM   #5

I guess I just do not know how to use the ptl...I open the picture in ps7 go to the ptl plug in and work it, but there is no place for you to click to save it.. up in the left corner is File, Tools and Help.. click File and choice is Exit..I want to save the correction to desktop or somewhere...got any idea what I need to do.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 7:01 PM   #6

Is the "OK" button active? That applies the filter to the image in Photoshop. You can switch back and forth in the history tab to see the effect and save the adjusted image normally from Photoshop. You can't save from the PTLens dialog box.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 9:34 PM   #7

I can not see the ok button... I reduce the resolution on my monitor but I still do not be able to see the bottom of the program..I wonder why not.. did I download the wrong version?
Old Apr 19, 2009, 12:58 AM   #8

This is what my PTLens looks like with an old photo. If I click OK in the lower right it applies the corrections in Photoshop and the filter dialog box disappears. I can then save the corrected photo normally in Photoshop.
Attached Images

Old Apr 19, 2009, 8:22 AM   #9

Dumb me... I found that I could not change my screen resolution with the program on the desktop and get the ptl small enough to see the bottom .. changed the resolution first and then opened ptl and all was fine.. thanks for your patience and all the good help..