Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Plug-ins & Actions (Photoshop and compatible)

Old Sep 20, 2002, 10:59 PM   #1

Default Sony 3 inch CD Patch

Does anyone know how to fake out the Sony CD400 (or other CD series) to either:
1) Make a non-Sony CD satisfy the camera so that the annoying pop-up (.. use Sony disc) does not apprear / waste boot time when I use the much cheaper brand?
2) Patch out the check routine in the camera.
imagineif is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2003, 7:23 AM   #2

I don't know much of sony's cd models but I would think that this is actually in the firmware of the camera and unless you know how to modify that you may be stuck with it. I'm pretty sure there is a code on the cd as well alerts the camera if it is a sony brand cd. This code is probably all the way to the inner circle of the cd.
Just curious do you notice any difference in performance of non-sony branded disc? I have thought about getting one of the cd mavicas.

Ramon
3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2003, 7:26 AM   #3

I have both a CD1000 (which I'm looking to get rid of now) and a new CD400 and I rarely use the Sony branded discs...I have used many various brands and have seen no difference at all except for the little message in the camera telling you to use Sony brand! The CD Mavicas are great for storage...as soon as you take the picture you have archived it! Cheapest storage around by far! I just bought a 50 pack of Imation mini cd-r's for $19.99 and they are working fine in both cameras. That's like 40-cents each! CompUSA also has the bigger capacity mini cd-r's now (256mb or something like that?) and they work too.
Mapleleafs is offline   Reply With Quote