Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Plug-ins & Actions (Photoshop and compatible)

Old Nov 6, 2004, 7:35 PM   #1

Hey everybody,

i have been doing digital blending (increasing dynamic range in photographs) on photoshop7, by hand for about a yearnow. I recentlly -with this boards help- have tried outa couple of actions which will layer images in some way similar to mine... however the result is less than stellar.

My way consists of opening two pics, pasting together, layer mask, blur...etc., and it works very well but is slow. Does anyone know of a free action whichproduces a good default result? Or is this actually notpreferable for all types of pictures? I canuse curves and USM to pretty much pre-fix-up-aftermy own work butonthose actionsitried leaves some really bad flat (desaturated) transitions... although in some areas color is better than my way (buti can fix color).

Isaw somewhere the Miranda? action for this but I think it's pay, and how good is it? Are there others (that work good)?

Thanks in advance!

Bj
Bjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2004, 9:00 PM   #2

Have you tryed just recording what you are doing to your pictures as a action and just useing that? Just the first thing that comes to mind. The adobe exchange has some pretty good actions. You might find one you like there.
DocX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2004, 6:49 PM   #3

Thanks DocX,

I figured out that my actions are not good for "default", as it turns out I start out slightly different for each picture- process the same- and then do different things again. This didn't occur to me until after I paid closer attention.

I've looked around but havn't found any thing good yet... I just stick with what I am doing for now but I bet there are powerfull plug-ins/actions out there- I'll start looking in the payware catagorie.

Bj
Bjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2004, 8:49 PM   #4

Fred Miranda's actions and plugins are high quality and not expensive.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 3:10 PM   #5

Do U ask for contrast blending?
try this link - that PS action was free
http://www.erik-krause.de

Roland
N8Falke1961 is offline   Reply With Quote