Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Plug-ins & Actions (Photoshop and compatible)

Old Jun 2, 2005, 9:23 PM   #1

Every once in a while, a digicam will take a good picture with some white fringe. (some more often than others) But don't throw the picture away or spend countless hours trying to remove it. I found this fantastic free plug in that allows you to remove purple finging, and adjust how it is done and how much just to make sure it doesn't reduce color elsewhere. I found all the standard settings are good, but if you leave blue at 128 and turn red and green to zero, the purple will go away, but the rest of the picture will be untouched. Here is the link:

http://www.sd3.info/pf828/PFree/PFree0-1.html
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:25 PM   #2

My S5100 does that sometimes. Thanks for the link. I'll have to give this program a try.

UPDATE: I have tried this pluggin with elements 1.0 and it works very nicely. You should however use another layer and only apply this filter to areas that need it as it WILL take some color away from areas that aren't blooming. But that said, it works very well. And being free it is great!
nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 2:49 PM   #3

I also noticed that you can use this as a way to remove haze as well.
nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote