Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Plug-ins & Actions (Photoshop and compatible)

Old Oct 9, 2005, 5:31 PM   #1

I installed Epson Easy Print, and launched the executable file. Now, how does it work? I expected it to be in the pull-down when I hit Print in Photoshop, but there is nothing there referring to it.
How do you use it? I went to the Epson site, but there is no technical info about it.
cherymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2005, 5:32 AM   #2

Epson Easy Print is a stand alone program. It is not a plugin for Photoshop, you have to start the program itself and work from there.

You could edit your images in Photoshop, save them and then launch Easy Print to print from.

I haven't used Epson Easy Print as I always print from Photoshop, so I don't know how it works. You will have to use the tutorial/help files that come with it.

Look in Start/All Programs/Epson andit should be there.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 5:58 PM   #3

Thanks. Well, I looked in my Epson folders--I have three, actually. No luck. There is nothng referring to Easy Print. When you go to the Epson site, there is a link to download it, which I've done several times, but absolutely no support.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 5:37 AM   #4

My apologies cherymel.

It seems it is supposed to be a 'plugin' for compatible applications, of which Elements 3 is one.

According to EPSON , It enables easier printing without having to go through the conventional process of configuring the printer properties.

I have downloaded and installed the software, but like you, can't see any difference.

I don't think you are supposed to see an additional interface for Epson Easy Print, it is supposed to work in the background so that when you choose Print in Elements, whatever you set up there, will be matched in the printer properties section. It is to save you going through that.

Unfortunately I can't seethat it is working, it doesn't appear to !!!

Check that your printer is compatible from the link above.

I suggest you contact Epson, again from the link above.

Old Oct 11, 2005, 7:47 PM   #5

Well, Stevkin...I did double check to make sure that my printer is listed, and it is. You would think that Epson would have some type of support. Instead, they just explain what it should be able to do in the PDF. Thanks for going that extra step by downloading the program and trying it yourself...even though you have no need to use it.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 3:11 AM   #6

Strictly speaking, you have no need to use the software either.

Until you find out how, or if, it works, just set upsome user profiles in your printer properties, if you haven't already.

That way you only need to open the properties and click one button to select your settings. Only two clicks more than if the mythical Easy Print was working !!

I know it is supposed to enable automatic changes to match software settings with printer settings, but once you have Elements set for printing and your user profiles set up, there shouldn't be any deviation.

Sorry I can't help further.