Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Plug-ins & Actions (Photoshop and compatible)

Old Oct 28, 2005, 6:50 PM   #1

Hello again,

This time something strange has happened.
When I try to "save for web" function in my PS CS 2, after clicking "Save" the software freezes. The same thing happens when I want to scan directly to PS CS 2.
Everything else work perfectly fine. Any ideas?

woyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2005, 11:26 PM   #2

You may have a corrupt preference file.

Don't worry, it happens.

It may sort the Save for web function if you just delete the save for web preference file first.

Go to, C:\Documents and Settings\[user profile/name]\Application Data\Adobe\Save For Web\9.0

User profile/name = whatever name you set up foryour user account or profile when you installed windows or set up your computer. Generally, the options are All users, Default user or your name.

Once you have located the file called Adobe Save For Web 9.0Prefs.........delete it.

Now restart CS2 and it will rebuild the file. That should hopefully sort that one out.

If not, try deleting the Preference file. If you are quick enough, press Ctrl + Alt + Shift, immediately after starting CS2. You will see a screen asking if you want to reset the preferences. If you don't, then you weren't quick enough.

If you can't be bothered to keep restarting CS2 to try and catch it, then go to, C:\Documents and Settings\[user profile/name]\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings

Delete the file called, Adobe Photoshop CS2 Prefs.psp

Again, this will be rebuilt once you restart CS2. But doing this will delete most of your preferences, such as scratch disk allocation, memory allowance, eye dropper sample setting, any custom settings for Levels or Curves that you may have inputted, etc.

So remember to go through those afterwards.

Doing any of the above will not cause CS2 any problems at all, in fact, the facility to do so is there to correct problems.

Regarding your scanner import problem. If this was working ok up until you started having problems with save for web, then doing the above may sort that out. If not, then I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the software and drivers for the scanner and re-establish the association with CS2.

Good luck.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote