Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Plug-ins & Actions (Photoshop and compatible)

Old Apr 18, 2003, 11:49 AM   #1

Default Looking for Plugin reviews

Hi there. I've checked out some of Steve's reviews. Some good info there. Being that I'm new to PS, I like plugins, but...

I like to read user reviews to get a handle on strengths and weaknesses. And of course, free is always better.

I'd really like to find a plugin that can remove noise effectively. I've got Neat Image, but I would rather it be part of PS to make the process easier.

Anyone know any good review sites to check things out?
Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2003, 4:39 PM   #2

Default No review yet but should come soon...

nik multimedia just released a plug-in for noise reduction: Dfine.
Since Dfine was released just about last month, you may want to go to their Website and maybe just have a look of what it does.
I heard they should come up with a demo real soon so you may want to check again later on this month.
Link: www.nikmultimedia.com/dfine
Jean Paul Latitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2003, 3:35 AM   #3

Hi,

Software index for noise reduction and reviews for noise reduction tools here:
http://pixtool.info

Theo
theodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2003, 4:47 PM   #4

Default Re: Looking for Plugin reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohl
Hi there. I've checked out some of Steve's reviews. Some good info there. Being that I'm new to PS, I like plugins, but...

I like to read user reviews to get a handle on strengths and weaknesses. And of course, free is always better.

I'd really like to find a plugin that can remove noise effectively. I've got Neat Image, but I would rather it be part of PS to make the process easier.

Anyone know any good review sites to check things out?

PLease reconsider your decision to purchase actions from FredMiranda.com. The site encourages censorship.

As artists, we should be very concerned about censorship.

FredMiranda.com is a heavily censored site. Even trying to discuss the issue of censorship in the appropriate forum results in threads that are locked and deleted.

Please, avoid FredMiranda.com and buy actions from sites that are tolerant and encourage free expression -- sites that value intellectual freedom! Sites like Steve's Digicams.

Cheers,

Mitch
gmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2003, 6:32 PM   #5

That's interesting. I've found the FM forums to be the best on the web. I've never had the first problem, even though I don't shoot with a DSLR yet. I've learned a great deal from just looking through the posts there. No censorship there at all that I've seen. Crap gets called crap, though. Maybe that was the problem. I know a lot of my pictures fell into that catagory, until I learned to see how they could be made better. Then too, if you were to post pictures of dead animals in the wildlife forum, they'd trash you. I did see that happen.

But to get on topic, the best free plug-ins I have run across are from a guy whose company is called Xero. I don't have the website, but Google should turn it up.
egarrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2003, 10:52 PM   #6

Check out http://www.thepluginsite.com/ for plugins, reviews, links to other plugin sites, etc. Good resource to save in your "favorites".

Albert
Albertdebruijn is offline   Reply With Quote