Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Plug-ins & Actions (Photoshop and compatible)

Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:48 PM   #1

The last post about this, as far as I can tell dates back to 2003-2004 and each of these programs have been modified and improved since then. Of these three, which is the easiest to use and the most effective, especially for Panasonic images. I am seriously considering Neat Image Home Edition +, but is the Pro+ edition worth the extra $$$. Thanks.
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2006, 3:51 AM   #2
blr

I, personally use NeatImage, mainly because I'm used to the controls and the interface. With properly built profiles it does a great job in reducing noise. I haven't tried any of the other options, so I can't comment
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2006, 12:44 PM   #3

Thanks blr. Which edition do you use? There is a rather big jump in price from the Home Edition Plus to the Pro Plus, and I wonder if the Home Edition + will be enough.
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2006, 8:51 AM   #4

I went with Noise Ninja after reading reviews on several forums including Luminous Landscape. I have the latest version and I'm very happy with it. I shoot mainly sports and night games and some gyms requre ISO 3200, couldn't get a good print without Noise Ninja. This is with a Canon 20D (great low light camera anyway) and a Mark II N (Not so great low noise IMHO).

Joe
jlacasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 10:41 AM   #5

I am wondering too for rankings noise software from professionals.
goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 8:23 AM   #6

Justinian wrote:
Quote:
Thanks blr. Which edition do you use? There is a rather big jump in price from the Home Edition Plus to the Pro Plus, and I wonder if the Home Edition + will be enough.
I bought the Home Edition Plus 'cause I didn't need the unlimited batch size or 16-bit compatibility. Most pro-sumer photographers don't work in 16-bit and usually have fewer than 50 photos to de-noise in one sitting. You definately want the "plus" version if you work in Photoshop (or similar) since you can de-noise only selected areas if you so desire.
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote