Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Plug-ins & Actions (Photoshop and compatible)

Old May 18, 2003, 2:49 AM   #1

Default FRED MIRANDA!

Anybody got/used Fred Mirandas sharpening plugin for PS ?

If so, please post some testpics here...

Thinking of buying!

(I HAVE seen his website!)
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2003, 11:04 PM   #2

its worth it.

i'll see if i can post one in about a week. i have to go to Milan and a few other places next week until wednesday.

it's kind of hard to sharpen up with the 1Ds. its already there in most shots though there is room for improvement on a few. for web work i use his WP program. the sharpening really shows up in printing not as much on screen.

i have 5 of his actions designed for my camera. well worth the not having to figure it out yourself hair pulling experience. a lot of thought went into them. obviously he has too much time on his hands.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2003, 1:23 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply Steven. Actually the D100s RAW shots are fine too (JPGs worthless IMO) but sometimes I like to sharpen up parts of a photo and that why I thought of Miranda. People in other forums seems to speak highly of his actions, but I am a little curious of how good it actually is...there's several ways in PS to get a great job done and it's easy to make ones own actions. However if someone else does it better...I'll go for it!
Have a nice trip - Europe is nice this time a year!
(looking forward to see some cracking shot from your Canon - I'm a little bit envious)
Old Jun 7, 2003, 6:58 AM   #4

it was a difficult decision to make after 15 years with a nikon slr. even more painful to pay for. unfortunately this trip is work so the 1Ds will stay home.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2003, 4:45 PM   #5

Default Re: FRED MIRANDA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus DK

Thinking of buying!

You're probably not aware that purchasing actions from FredMiranda.com encourages censorship.

As artists, we should be very concerned about censorship.

FredMiranda.com is a heavily censored site. Even trying to discuss the issue of censorship in the appropriate forum results in threads that are locked and deleted.

Please, avoid FredMiranda.com and buy actions from sites that are tolerant and encourage free expression -- sites that value intellectual freedom! Sites like Steve's Digicams.

Cheers,

Mitch
gmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2003, 1:50 AM   #6

Default Re: FRED MIRANDA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus DK

Thinking of buying!

:evil: I bought an action(Digital Velvia) from the FM site - I had a question about it and never got a response - I'm happy with the action - but not with the support. I will not be buying anthing else from FM. There's plenty of free actions on the Internet. Adobe has zillions for free. I got a sharpening action from the DPreview forum. It works fine and it's free. I don't have the link though. It's in their retouch forum.

andy.
andy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 3:57 PM   #7

Quote:
As artists, we should be very concerned about censorship.

FredMiranda.com is a heavily censored site. Even trying to discuss the issue of censorship in the appropriate forum results in threads that are locked and deleted.

Please, avoid FredMiranda.com and buy actions from sites that are tolerant and encourage free expression -- sites that value intellectual freedom!
So, you're censoring his site? :shock:

True intellectual freedom allows individuals to decide on their own. I know I can make my own decisions. I don't need anyone forming my opinion for me.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2004, 5:40 PM   #8

If you want a really full featured sharpening plug in, take a look at Nik Sharpener from www.nikmultimedia.com. It's between six and twenty times as expensive as the FM plug in depending on the version, but it does the job wonderfully. All of the Nik plug ins have demo versions available.
JimS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 2:49 PM   #9

thanks all.

I didn't think it would be a problem to post ones own pics using the FM sharpening plug in. Hm...

I already have tried Niks plugin. It fine - but I was just curious on FM to see what it actually can do - not what was published by FM himself...
Old Apr 7, 2004, 5:08 PM   #10

Just saw this post. I am thinking about trying out FM Intellisharpen Pro plugin also. If anyone is using this plugin now how do you install it into PS and how is it accessed? I am currently using PS7.0.1. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Aviator 327 is offline   Reply With Quote