Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Jun 11, 2003, 1:31 PM   #1

Default 1290, continous ink flow and Monaco EZ color + Optix

Got a package today... with the monaco EZ color 2.5 with the Optix... first calibrated the monitor with the optix, took 10 minutes or so.. the image was perfect after that.. black and white IS black and white... extremely perfect (if there is something perfect)... then i calibrated the printer.. took two extra iterations... and what is the result?

well.. the printout is the same as the monitor.. but the big question.. what about B&W printing using color inks?

SPOT ON!!!!! this is amazing B&W print... I am quite impressed by this... amazing... amazing... totally amazing

(i use Ilford smooth gloss paper)
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2003, 9:09 PM   #2

I am certainly glad to have come across your post. I recently upgraded from a Canon 9000 to an Epson 2200 and getting the printer to print as you see it or want it is certainly a much greater feat with 2200. I had finally decided to get the Monaco EZ Color and Spect.... I had read some go stuff; but nothing from a real user such as yourself and such a strong testimonial. I'm certainly looking forward to being able to print what I see across lots of different papers.
Have you developed profiles for different papers and how has that gone?

Regards ............Mark
marksheinfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2003, 4:12 AM   #3

I have not tried different papers yet but i will do so ( i use both ilford smooth gloss and ilford classic pearl), when i have I will tell about it!

However, when you use it, let the ink dry completely, it can take up to one day before the ink has stabilized! And it can take one or two iterations with tweaking before it is really really good.

Best wishes to you! Tell me what you think about it later.
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote