Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Software > Printing General

Old Jan 24, 2007, 12:37 PM   #1

When setting a profile inthe Colour Management section of Print with Peviewin Photoshop is it also necessary to manually select the same profile in Windows\Control panel\Printers &Faxes\Properties\Colour Management Tab. In this section, Automatic can be selected and Windows will search for the most appropriate colour profile( usually choice of six)or you can manually select a default profile. For example if I set Canon i865 SP2, in Print with Preview must I also select CNB5MEB0 in Windows Colour Management,( CNB5MEB0 is the profile code for SP2,) Will the profiles be matched automatically by Windows, or is it essential to go to manual.

My i865 printer goesgreat on Auto print driver settings, my new ip5200 on the same settings with the same file is inferior , I am suspecting that the ip5200 has a missing link and requires manual matching of Windows and ICC colourprofiles whereas the i865 does it automatically hence the better prints of the i865. I also tried an ip5300 and found the same problem.

Thank you

Scramble.............
Scramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links